4|New Home

We were sitting in a sleek black SUV with tinted windows. A driver had just picked us up from the airport we had landed in Chicago. I sat in the back with Lila and Adrik sat in the front seat on his phone. He has been nice and very accommodating towards me.

I laid my head on the window taking in the view of the streets of Chicago. This scene is so different from Montana, I absolutely love it here. I've always wanted to move to the city. Before I knew it my eyes had closed and I was consumed by darkness. He told me that the ride to the house would take a while and we had only been in the car for about 5 minutes.

I jolt up out of my sleep due to someone shaking me awake. The door was being opened I noticed that I was the only one left in the car. Once the door was open I saw the house no scratch that it was a mansion. I couldn't believe it, my brother was rich. Adrik gave me an amused look when he saw my reaction.

The door was opened by a maid, she immediately welcomed us with her head bowed down

The door was opened by a maid, she immediately welcomed us with her head bowed down. The house was even grander on the inside, very minimalistic. In all honesty, it looked like no one lived here. There were some pictures here and there, but not many. The one that caught my eye was the picture of 7 men in all-black suits. Fancy.

"Those are our brothers and father." I heard his voice behind me, I turned to look at him with a shocked expression. He said brothers as in there is more.

"Why don't you explore the house with one of the maids while I go show Lila that this is a suitable home for you. Our brothers should be home later, so you shouldn't bump into none." He said while waving one of the maids and I simply nodded in response.

Adrik's POV:

I signaled Lila to follow me upstairs to show her the room for Anastasia. She was trailing behind me with her clipboard looking around the house and taking notes.

"Does she have her own room and bathroom considering that she is the only girl?" She broke the silence.

"Of course her room has her own bathroom and we bought her some clothes but we will take her shopping." we approached the end of the hallway and I opened the door to the room. She began walking around examining and writing down something on her clipboard.

"In all honesty, your home is obviously suitable this is just a mere formality especially considering the number of homes that she has been in. I will be back in about 3 months or so to make sure that everything is running smoothly." She smiled as we walked back down the stairs.

"I can assure you that she will be fine. Thank you once again for bringing her back to us." I was truly grateful for this woman, she gave me back that piece of heart that was missing 17 years ago.

Anastasia POV:

Rosalie which was the maid's name showed me around the house. It was like a maze. There were so many rooms that had different hobbies or forms of entertainment. Rosalie told me that there are 3 floors, but I am not allowed into the basement because that is where the business is conducted.

She briefly showed me the backyard which was acres long. There was a pool, basketball court, and a garden. This all seemed to a dream to me. Some real-life rags to riches type of thing. I am beyond grateful and I won't do anything to mess it up. I don't want to go back to bouncing from home to home. I had a chance at having a family.

We were currently in the kitchen she was preparing me a snack when I heard footsteps. I automatically assumed it was Adrik, but boy was I wrong.

"Who are you? Hello, are you deaf I said who the fuck are you." The voice said as I turned my head and was met with icy blue eyes. The tone of his voice made me flinch. Rosalie put her hand on my shoulder.

-unedited
Please comment and vote:)!