Chapter 20: Surprise (2)

3rd person's POV

After eating, Aki planned to clean the dishes but Leona insisted on doing it in his stead and then Leona cleaned the table and the plates with Tim.

"We will do it instead, go and relax somewhere else mother." Leona said in concern.

"Yeah, leave it to us mother!" Tim said.

"Who's your mother?! Mother is my mother and mother is not your mother!!!" Leona angrily said to Tim.

"But she will soon be my mother... Well mother-in-law that is." Tim said without a shame.

"Shame on you!!!" Leona blushed in shame and anger and then she went to the dishes to clean them, never looking back at Tim's thick face.

Aki and Tim chuckled looking at Leona being ashamed of Tim.

"Okay, I will be in the library." Aki said and waved goodbye.

Aki didn't argue with with Leona instead he left it all the cleaning to them and then he went to the newly built library. Aki planned to read some of the books that he missed after being killed in the war between the Liryo Kingdom and the Demons.

Ever since the war ended, the dense mana in the world became thinner and thinner. The ancient magic spells degraded and became unused because of its high mana consumption. No one knows why the mana decreased, but they suspect that the war between the demons and the Liryo Kingdom is the caused of it.

No living beings can now live more than 300 years old and now, no one can attain Level 70 and above except for the Monsters that live in the Dungeons.

Dungeons are only made by the Demon Lords, it is for them to train their own army. The only Demon Lord that didn't built any dungeons is the Demon Lord of Sloth, and the reasons are unknown as to why the Demon Lord of Sloth didn't built one.

The monsters that got killed in the dungeons will turn into mana particles which will enhance the other monsters in the dungeon and another monster will born, same as the one that died. Even though the Demon Lords are dead after the war, the Dungeons are not destroyed so the armies of the 6 demon lords are still there functioning and enhancing monsters that are waiting to get out of the Dungeons.

The dungeon's secret was still untold to all living being in Dominilia. Only the demons and the gods knows of its secret.

The living beings that ventures in the Dungeons only knows that every monsters they killed are only for the sake of training and of course money.

Every monsters in the Dungeons that has been killed can drop some items that the adventurers can sell at the [Adventurer's Guild]. While the floor bosses that has been killed leave behind a treasure box containing equipments, magic scrolls and many more valuable items.

Browsing through the library, Aki found some books to read before going to sleep. After 2 hours of reading, Aki decided to go to bed now. He first took a bath before going to bed.

As he closed his eyes, Leona's dream was in front of him. "Now that I can enter the dream world, I can now do my job again." Aki said.

Then suddenly, a scepter came out of Aki's hand, he closed his eyes, waved the scepter in his hand and then he started chanting.

"I, the guardian of dreams, Makilionezfreidrich use thy power to guide the children in their slumber, [Dream Cloud]!"

Aki's eyes and hair suddenly glowed, a mix of violet, blue and gray sparkling smoke came out of Aki's body and began to spread all over the abandoned forest.

That night, every living beings that are in the abandoned forest unexpectedly slept so well that made them feel energetic and refreshed after they woke up in the morning.

In the morning, the sounds of the birds singing energetically reverted through every part of the forest, making the gloomy forest to become lively.

Aki woke up early and was in the kitchen to cook some breakfast for the three of them in the orphanage.

Smelling the delicious aroma of foods, Leona and Tim woke up energetically, they fixed their selves first before they rushed to the kitchen to see Aki laying the dishes in the table.

"Good timing! Here! Take a sit and let's eat." Aki said to Tim and Leona.

The three people ate peacefully, after eating and cleaning the dishes, Aki went to the garden to water the plants.

While on the other side, a group of carriage are rushing to the abandoned forest.

A girl poked her head out of the window and then she asked the man that drives one of the carriage. "Are we there yet?"

"Almost there!" The man answered.

"I can't wait to see mother anymore!" The girl said with a tone of impatience.

"Your not the only one who misses mom so can you please now shut up and sit properly? Don't stand and poke your head out of a moving carriage or else you'll be hurt." A teenage boy with glasses said to the girl who was enthusiastic about seeing her mom.

"Bleh~ nerdy boy!" The girl said to the teenage boy with glasses and then she sat down.

The boy only shook his head and continued to read the book in his hand.

"You only know how to read books that's why it's so boring in here. Can you do other stuff other than reading? Why don't you look the beautiful sceneries in the forest?" The girl asked in annoyed tone.

"That's not your problem, there are some snacks in the basket near you. Eat them if you feel bored." The boy answered.

The girl felt some mana fluctuations and then she looked at her side to see a basket filled with assorted cookies.

"At least you're still useful." The girl said.

Something ticked at the boys head. "Ella! Don't expect me to use my magic to make snacks for you all the time!" The boy said in annoyed tone.

"Okay~ okay~ I know Marco, chill~ HAHAHA!!!" Ella answered while holding her laugh.

Marco didn't answer anymore and then he started to read again while Ella was watching the sceneries in the window while munching on the cookies that Marco made.

A peaceful silence covered the whole carriage only the sounds of the birds and the hooves of the horse are heard while travelling.