Chapter 5: Death

3rd Person's POV

Aki didn't bother anymore and he just stare at the window to watch the scenery in it.

Aki felt bored so he tried to sleep. Aki slept soundly that he didn't even know that there's something wrong with the carriage.

Mr. Ken tears off a layer of skin in his face and sighed with a relief. "You can come out now!" He shouted.

Then a girl who looked like 10 years old appeared out of nowhere.

"Kenneth, are you sure she is already asleep?" Said by a little girl.

Kenneth pated the little girls head and said,"Yes, mother is already asleep so activate the spell now Noel."

Noel nodded her head said,"Oh spirits of space heed my call, open a path for us to walk. [Gate]!"

Suddenly a purplish void opened at the road. The carriage starts to move into the void. After the whole carriage entered, the void suddenly disappeared with the carriage out of nowhere.

Then another carriage with the same appearance where Aki was riding, with the same horse and coach appeared.

"They're coming, ready your weapons." A man in black clothes said to his comrades.

When the carriage was on the target point, many man in black clothes appeared and circled around the carriage.

The coach and the horses was startled. The boy inside the carriage screamed because he fell down from his seat.

"Assassins!!!" The coach shouted in fear.

The assassins starts to attack the carriage. They killed the coach, the horses and the boy in the carriage. They saw the boy's face in the carriage and confirmed that it was their target from the painting they got from the palace.

They cut the head of the boy in the carriage and they put it into a sack then they burned the carriage with the dead bodies until it was turned to ashes and was blown by the wind.

The assassins left the crime scene and then they run back to the palace. They gave the bloodied sack to a guard and they waited for the guard to come back. The guard walked to a certain place and gave the sack to the man in charge.

The man in charge checked the thing in the sack and confirmed it. He let the guard back to his post with a pouch of gold coins and then he wrote a letter to Duke Fillia.

The guard came back with the pouch of gold and he gave it to the assassins when the assassins got their rewards they silently left the palace.

............

The carriage arrived at a certain forest which was 3 hours away from the Mepa Village. The carriage followed the dirt road path to the village.

It's already afternoon when the carriage arrived at the village. Its Fall Season  which is time for harvesting crops, so the villagers are busy from harvesting their crops outside the village.

The villagers saw Aki's carriage. The villagers waved their hands at Kenneth and Noel. Childrens with different races starts to run to the carriage and said welcome back to them.