Chapter 8

Slight nsfw later on! It's only kissing dw.
================================

I wake and sit up. I'm in my bed and I'm assuming Ruv went to his because he's not here. I leave my room and walk down to the main part of the church to see Sarv rushing around. "Morning Y/n! I have to go out to town quickly! Do you need anything?" She asks. I shake my head and she smiles at me. "Right! Well, I better head off then. See you!" She says before walking out. I wave bye and walk up to Ruvs room.

I sit on the bed next to him and tap his face. "Ruv. Wake up." I say. He groans and looks at me, frowning. "What?" He mumbles. "I'm bored." I say. "So why did you wake me up?" He snaps back. I shrug and lie down next to him. "Do you think it actually worked?" I ask. "What?" He asks back. "Like, do you think I can leave?" I respond, looking at him. He shrugs. I sit up and look down at him. "Get up. We're gonna try." I say standing. He sighs and sits up. We walk down to the main part of the church and Ruv looks down at me.

"Where's Sarv?" He asks. "She said something about going into town. She'll be back later on though." I say back. He nods and walks over to the front door. He opens it and looks back at me. "Are you coming?" He asks. I stand next to him and frown up at him. "I can't leave. Remember?" I say. "You don't know that." He says back, looking down the road. We step outside and he looks down at me. "Off you go. Start walking." He says. "You really want me to leave, don't you?" I say smirking up at him.

I start walking and panic slightly because I'm getting closer to the spot I collapsed when I last  tried to leave. I pass the spot and look back at Ruv, smiling. He does thumbs up and I quickly float over to him. "It worked!" I squeal excitedly. He nods in response. "Guess you'll be leaving then." He mumbles. "Yeah. I guess so." I say back. We awkwardly stand there awkwardly in silence. "Do you want this back?" I ask, pulling out the phone he gave me. "You keep it." He says shaking his head. "Well I'll be going then." I say turning around. "Hey Y/n-" He starts before stopping himself. I turn around to look at him and he shakes his head. "Nothing." He says before walking to the door. "Thank you for letting me stay." I say, smiling at him. He nods before walking inside, shutting the door.

I start walking down the road in silence. I'm not to sure where I'm going. Maybe I'll go haunt someone or at some point I'll disappear and go to the heavens. I decide to fly for a bit. Not long after there's a vibration in my pocket and I pull my phone out. There's a message from Ruv.
Ruv- I love you.
I freeze and read over the message multiple times.
Y/n- what?
Ruv- that's what I was going to tell you before you left.
Ruv- but it's to late now so it's not important. Just thought I'd let you know.
I shove my phone in my pocket and fly back to the church as fast as I can. I fly through the doors and go up to Ruvs room. I slam the door open and pant. "Your an idiot. I came all the way back here when you could've told me that before I left." I say out of breath. He looks at me confused. "You didn't have to come back." He says. "Well, yes I did. You just said you love me. That's a pretty valid reason." I say back.

I walk over to him and press my lips against his. He kisses back and I cup the side of his face. He puts his hand on my waist and his tongue in my mouth. We make out for a while until we run out of air so we pull apart. I sit next to him and smile. He looks down at me and frowns. "What?" He asks. I roll my eyes. "I wonder? Maybe we just made out and I'm happy?" I say back. He blushes and looks down at the floor. "So are you going to leave again?" He asks. I shrug in response.

He looks up at me and frowns. "So why did you come back?" He asks annoyed. "Aww! Did I hurt your feelings?" I pout, teasing him. He looks back at the floor, hurt, and I feel bad. I nudge him with my arm and he looks at me slightly. "I was just joking. I wouldn't leave you." I say. He looks and me and kisses me once again. The door opens followed by a squeal. We pull away and look at the doorway to see Sarv. Her back is turned to us and it sounds like she's mumbling something. "What are you doing?" I ask her. "Praying for your sins. God will forgive you. You should join me." She says.

I look up at Ruv awkwardly and look back at Sarv. "What did you want?" Ruv asks. She turns to face us and smiles. "Just letting you know I'm back from town! That's all!" She says before walking off. Ruv and I look at each other and I lean on his arm. "So do you like me back?" He asks. "How oblivious are you? I came back for you, kissed you and you think I don't like you?" I snap back. "Sorry." He mumbles. I look up at him and smile. "It's ok. Why don't we talk for a bit. Get to know each other a bit better." I say, getting comfortable on the bed. "How do we start?" He asks. "I'll start! So, what's your favourite colour?" I ask, smiling widely.

================================
Word count: 1010
Oh my gosh over 1k!! I'm so glad that so many people are reading this! :)
There will be one or two chapters after this sadly. :(
I can't believe how many people have read this omg it makes me so happy!
Have a good day/night and remember to look after yourself!! <33