Chapter 7

"I can't do that!" I say to Sarv, panicked. "Y/n, trust me! It'll work!" She says back desperately. "Everything ok?" Ruv asks, walking into my room. Sarv and I turn to face him and go silent. "I'll give you two a minute. Maybe he can change your mind." Sarv mumbles walking out of my room. We watch her leave and Ruv looks at me. "What happened?" He asks awkwardly. "Sarv wants me to talk to my parents tomorrow. She said something about spirits having something to complete on Earth before they leave and she thinks if I say bye to my parents I'll be able to leave." I say.

"Maybe it'll work?" He says, hesitantly. "No it won't! My parents aren't spiritual! I won't be able to show myself to them!" I shout back. "Why not?" He asks. "Cause it's a stupid idea!" I shout at him. Tears start falling from my eyes so I wipe them, covering my face. Ruv puts his arms around me, bringing me into a hug, and I lean on his chest. "Just try talk to them tomorrow. It'll be ok." He mumbles. I nod and sigh, shutting my eyes. "Why are you being so nice?" I ask. "You were upset." He says back.

I smile, then realise what's happening. I'm leaning on Ruv while he has his arms around me. My stomach feels funny and I pull away from him awkwardly. He looks at me confused and I smile awkwardly. "Sorry. I just got, um, hot. That's all!" I say awkwardly. "Ok. Well, sleep on it. It'll go better than you think." He says walking out of the room. I lie down on the bed and sigh, shutting my eyes.

The next day

I wake up covered in sweat. I dreamt about talking to my parents, but they shamed me and said it was my fault for dying. I check the time and it's around 12 pm. I stand up and walk over to my door. I go to open it but someone else opens it before me. I look up at the figure, assuming it's Ruv, but it's Sarv. "Hey! Um, so so would you like to talk to your parents today?" She asks. I shrug, not knowing what I want. "Well, when your ready come to the main area. Ruv will be waiting for you!" She says, walking off. I nod, starting to feel queasy from hearing his name.

A few minutes later I walk out of my room and see Ruv not to far away. "Morning." I mumble. "Hey. You ready?" He asks, turning to look at me. I shrug in response. We walk to the main part of the church and go into the storage room. "How long till they'll be here?" I ask, looking up at Ruv. "Soon." He says. There's a small window in the door so I look out it anxiously.

Not long after, I see my parents walk in. I step back in shock and Ruv looks at me. "What?" He asks. "They're here." I mumble back. He looks out the window and looks back at me. "Sarv said she'll take them outside soon and that's when we go." He says. I nod in response, scared out of my mind. I sit down on a crate and run my fingers through my hair. "Calm down." He mumbles aggressively, sitting next to me. I look at him and smile. "There's the Ruv I know." I say to him. He looks down at me and frowns.

There is a buzzing noise and Ruv pulls out his phone. He reads a message he got and stands up. "You ready?" He asks, looking down at me. "Sure." I sigh. We open the door and walk out. Not many people are around because they're distracted with donation stalls and the free tea and coffees. We walk outside and there I see them. My parents. Standing at my grave. I freeze as I see them. Sarv looks at me then back at my parents. She says something and they turn to face me.

"Y/n?" My mother cautiously says. I feel tears fall from my eyes as I walk up to them. "Oh my gosh, Y/n!" My mother cries. She wraps her arms around me and I do the same. My father joins in and we stand there for a while, embracing each other. We eventually pull away and I smile at them. "I'm so sorry." My mother mumbles, wiping her eyes. "It's not your fault." I say back, putting my hands on her shoulders. I talk with my parents for a bit, and by a bit I mean until the sun starts setting. "It's been nice seeing you again." I say to them. "It's been nice seeing you too." My parents say back. We say our goodbyes and they leave.

"How was it?" Sarv asks. I nod in response, not sure what to say. "Do you think it worked?" I ask. "I'm not to sure. Do you feel different?" She responds. I shrug. I'm not to sure what I was expecting. I was expecting to fade away or a bright light shines down on me, taking my up to the heavens. Everyone's left the church. I walk up to my room and lie down in bed. "So when are you leaving?" Ruv asks standing at my door. I sit up and shrug. He sits next to me and I lean on him, closing my eyes and drifting off. "I don't want you to leave." Ruv mumbles as I go to sleep.

================================
Word count: 934
This has almost 1k reads! I actually didn't think this many people would read this! And I got another follower! :0
So I'm sorta loosing motivation to write this so I apologise if there are less frequent updates. :(
This fanfic will (hopefully) end in a few chapters so I'm so grateful you people have been reading it. :)
Have a good day/night and look after yourselves! <33