Chapter 6

I wake up with a weight across my waist. I look down and it's Ruvs arm. I look at his face and realise how close we are. I feel my face get hot and red. "Ruv." I whisper. He doesn't wake up and I frown. "Ruv!" I say slightly louder. He opens his eyes and looks at me. "Morning." He mumbles in his morning voice. "Morning. Can you move your arm?" I say back. He moves his arm and I sit up and rub my face. "Sorry. It's a habit." He mumbles, sitting up next to me. "What do you mean habit? Do you sleep with people?" I ask, smirking. He looks at me and frowns. "No. Sometimes Sarv has a bad dream and I go sleep with her." He says. "So you've slept with Sarv?" I say, smirking. "I- not like that." He grumbles.

Sarv opens up the door and looks at us. "Oh, sorry! Hope I didn't interrupt anything! Just letting you know that church starts soon!" Sarv says. "Thanks." I mumble. "Um... so did I interrupt anything?" She asks again. "No." Ruv and I say in sync. Sarv squints and slowly nods. "I'll pray for you. God will forgive your sins." She says walking out. Ruv stands up and walks over to the door. "Where are you going?" I ask. "To wash my clothes. Do you want to wash yours?" He asks. "They don't need washing. Each day they're clean again." I say back. He nods and walks out.

I lie on my bed and sigh. I look over at the pillow Ruv was lying on and frown. My friends from when I was alive told me they sniffed the pillows their crush or lover used that night. Thinking about it, it seems really possessive and needy so maybe it's a bad idea. I get up and leave my room. I hover around until I find Ruv in the laundry. "Hey." I say standing next to him. He looks down at me and frowns. "I wasn't even gone for 5 minutes." He mumbles turning the washing machine on. He's topless wearing a pair of sweatpants.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" I ask, looking up at him. "Cause it's in the wash." He says back. "Don't you have more than one?" I ask. "Yes, but they're in the wash." He says back annoyed. He leaves the laundry and I follow after him. "Where are you going?" I ask, hovering next to him. "To my room." He grunts. He walks into his room and sits on his bed. I sit next to him and look up at him.

"You can speak fluent Russian, right?" I ask. He looks at me and nods. "Oh ok. I thought you could only speak a few sentences." I say, nodding. "You've heard me speak Russian?" He asks, confused. "Yeah. Why?" I ask back. "I don't like speaking that language. When did i speak it?" He asks back. "A few nights ago, when you were drunk." I respond confused. He blushes a bit and looks down at the floor. "Awww! Are you embarrassed?" I say, teasing him. He glares down at me and sighs. "No." He mumbles.

"So, when does church end?" I ask. "Sometime this afternoon." He responds. "What's your relationship with Sarv?" I ask him. He looks down at me and frowns. "Are you my therapist now?" He asks back. "No, just curious." I reply. "We are friends." He replies plainly. "So your not dating?" I ask back. He shakes his head in response. "Are you dating anyone?" I ask. He frowns and shakes his head. "What about you?" He asks back. "No." I reply. We sit there in awkward silence for a while.

"What time is it?" I ask. He gets his phone and checks the time. "Around 12 pm." He replies. "Can we do something? I'm bored." I groan. He shrugs in response. "What do you normally do during the day?" I ask Ruv. "Sit here and read." He plainly responds. "Can you read to me?" I ask. He sighs and gets one of his books. He opens it and its written in Russian. "Can you not read English or something?" I ask. "I'm not good at it. It's easier to read Russian." He mumbles back.

He starts reading the book and I look up at him. The stories about an angel and devil who fall in love but can't be together. I'm surprised Ruv would read books like this. I feel my eyes closing and lean on Ruvs arm. He keeps reading the book, ignoring I'm leaning on him.

Not to long after I've fully drifted off to sleep. There's movement next to me and then I feel like I'm floating. It wakes me up a little and I realise that I'm not floating, but Ruv is carrying me. He lays me down on what I assume is my bed and he strokes my hair. I feel something soft touch my forehead which wakes me up a little. I see Ruv towering over me as he stands up properly. I quickly shut my eyes, not wanting to let Ruv know I woke up. My guess is he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

He walks out of my room and I open my eyes, sitting up. I internally scream and cover my face. I can't believe that actually happened! I thought to myself. I don't have a crush on Ruv. At least, I hope not. "Y/n?" Sarv says, walking into my room. "Yeah?" I respond. "So, the church is donating things to charity tomorrow and- this is a bit off topic but what's your last name?" She asks. "L/n? Why?" I ask back, confused. "Well, your parents are coming tomorrow and-" I cut her off. "What do you mean my parents?" I say standing up, extremely alarmed. "I have this idea and I thought you might like it." Sarv says, a smile slowly growing on her face.

================================
Word count: 1004
So the last chapter I wrote was almost at 200 reads and here we are with over 500! :)
Thank you so much for reading this I highly appreciate it! <3
I will try keep on top of updates but some things are happening at home so it might be a bit hard. :/
But have a good day/night and remember to look after yourselves! <33