Y/n: Let say that my family is on the other side

Reiner: I'm sorry to hear that

Y/n: It's okay ... It's fine to be curious about people's background I get that

The four of them continue eating as silence was around they're table, They all heard a bell ring signaling that breakfast is over and it's time for training. All cadets are line up and preparing for the maneuver gear test, Shadis was standing in front for the maneuver gear machine ( A/n: Idk what's it called :/ ).

Shadis: First we we'll evaluate what you have !! Anyone unable to do this can't even serve as a decoy !! They will be serve as the frontier !!

The test finally start as Y/n was waiting to take his turn at the test, He saw Annie passed the test after she got hoisted up. Y/n congratulated her after she passed the test, She just look at him and walk away. Y/n sweated at that and just scratch the back of his head, Y/n suddenly looks to see Mikasa also doing well. Both of they're eyes met for a second but Y/n gave her a thumbs up, Suddenly he heard's his name and went to one of the tested gears.

Soldier: alright hold still while we put the wires on your belt

Y/n: got it !!

After they put the wires on his belts Y/n waited to be lifted up, Y/n was hoisted up he struggle first then remembers what he usually do with his quirk to balance in the air. The Soldier place him down after he passed, Y/n went back to the line and notice something after he heard laughter. He turn and saw Eren upside down and dangling, as Shadis screaming at the boy and some of the cadets are laughing a bit seeing Eren fail.

Shadis: WHAT ARE YOU DOING EREN YEAGER ?! PICK YOURSELF UP !!

Eren: *thought* what is this .... How am I supposed to do this ? This can't be happening ....

Time passed by and it was afternoon Y/n was next to Mikasa as she teach Eren how to balance himself, Armin encourage Eren that he could do it as Eren nods and wanted to be lifted up. Y/n kept watching and thinking of what Eren did wrong watched him, Armin crank up the lever and that made Eren be lifted up. Eren was doing good for a second and suddenly he lost balance and hit his head on the ground.

Y/n: Oof- that's gonna hurt ....

Mikasa: Ereh !!

~ Time skip brought you by Krista holding out her hand and suddenly Ymir place her chin on it ~

Y/n's POV

It was finally dinner time I was sitting next to Armin and eating my food, I notice Eren was staring from far and I hear some people talking about him. Suddenly Mikasa grab his shoulder to snap him out of his thoughts, I turn my head to the people whispering and making fun of Eren and gave them a glare that me and my brother have to shut them up.

Armin: There's no point in worrying ... you just have to figure it out tomorrow ..

Eren: I'm pathetic ... I'll never be able to kill them all like this ...

Mikasa: You should let that idea go ..

Eren: What ?

Mikasa: You should give up being a soldier

Y/n: w-wait isn't that a bit rude Mikasa ?

Mikasa looks at me for a second and ignored what I said I just sighed and continue eating, I just listen to Mikasa telling Eren to give up as Eren try to reason to her. I look at the two while being silent I know Mikasa is just looking out for him, but this is too much I can see that Eren is not the type to just give up. Suddenly I heard a bell ringing making the others leave even Eren and Armin, I look at Mikasa who was still talking not realizing Eren left and the girl who ate potatoes suddenly sat next to her I recognize her as Sasha Braus.