"After all she had to say I definitely hope I'm in your house" I said to Hermione.

"Me too." She responded grinning at me.

By pure chance we had found ourselves standing next to Harry and Ron. A blonde-haired boy flanked by two large thuggish looking boys approached us.

"Is it true then? They say that Harry Potters come to Hogwarts this year. This is Crabbe and Goyle, I'm Draco Malfoy.

Snark practically dripped off of every one of his words and he stuck his hand out for Harry to shake.

Ron snickered after hearing Malfoy's name. The blonde boy's smug grin faltered and he turned to face Ron

"Think my name's funny, do you? Certainly don't need to ask yours, red hair and a hand me down robe, must be a Weasley. Father always said that they had more kids than they could afford."

I wasn't on the best of terms with Ron but he was still my friend and I was close with his family so I wasn't going to let this great idiot keep insulting him.

"Its certainly better than being in with You-Know-Who's lot!" I interrupted

He turned to me looked me up and down and said "Ah yes, father said you might be joining Hogwarts this year. No wonder you'd defend a Weasley, blood-traitors got to stick together, right L/N"

"Oh shut up with all the blood purity nonsense, anyone with some sense knows that it's all a bunch of rubbish anyway."

"Of course you'd say that, your Mum's a muggle."

Clearly having enough of arguing with me and Ron he faced Harry once again.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

He once again stuck his hand out for Harry to shake but he didn't take it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself." Harry said coolly

Me, Ron and Hermione who was still at my side all smiled.

"I'd be careful if I were you Potter or you'll go the same way as your parents. You shouldn't hang around with riff-raff like the Weasleys, Hagrid, or L/N it I'll end up rubbing off on you."

Ron was clearly fuming and he looked  like he wanted to fight Malfoy.

"You say that again." He snapped angrily.

Ron was much taller than Malfoy but Crabbe and Goyle were brutes so I put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back.

"Not worth it, not here, not now." I whispered to him.

"Aww is L/N scared of a fight cause he knows he's not worth anything as a wizard."

"Please, you wouldn't know what hit you." I replied calmly

Malfoy then winced and put his hand to his head. He looked at me in shock then backed away with Crabbe and Goyle trailing him.

My three friends turned to me surprised.

"What was that?" They asked in unison

"What? I didn't do anything." I lied.

This seemed to satisfy Ron and Harry but I could see Hermione didn't buy it. Despite this, she kept quiet.

We were silent for a little but then Harry asked Ron nervously.
"How do they sort us into houses?"

"Some sort of test I think, Fred said it hurt a lot, but I think he was messing about." Ron answered