Chapter 48

Don't forget to vote<3

_______________________

Harry

"Aspen?!"

She wasn't near me when I woke up.

I had the same feeling that I hadn't gotten used to in the past few weeks: waking up alone, my arms having nothing to tighten against me and my skin shivering without the warmth of his. I looked around the room, desperately seeking her presence. She was gone. She had changed her mind. She realized she deserved better than me. Even though I knew she deserved better than me, I knew I couldn't live without her. It was selfish, but I couldn't imagine losing her.

I got up, taking support on my forearms. I winced as I felt a sharp pain where my wound was, but ignored it, slipping out from under the sheets. The pain was terrible, but bearable. I put pressure on my feet, suddenly feeling dizzy. I walked with difficulty towards the door, leaning against the walls, unable to walk straight. I was not allowed to stand up unassisted due to my injury, but also pain medication. I knew it, but I didn't have time to wait. Perhaps it was already too late. Maybe she was already gone.

I opened the bedroom door, stepping out of the unique one dressed in a hospital gown. My vision was cloudy. I couldn't see clearly. I felt my head spinning, feeling that I could collapse at any moment.

"Mate, what the fuck are you doing?"

My eyes focused on Liam who walked straight ahead of me. My breathing was heavy and probably loud. I felt my heart beating fast, like it was going to come out of my chest. Then I felt small, soft hands rest on each of my hips. They were helping me support my weight, at least they were trying. The softness of those hands, the delicacy with which they touched my skin, which instinctively shuddered at the familiar sensation. I looked down at Aspen, finally catching my breath. My heartbeat slows down as does my breathing.

She was still there. She hadn't left.

We both looked at each other with red, swollen eyes. She had cried. It was evident. Her eyelashes were still wet, indicating to me that she was crying just a few moments ago.

"You are not allowed to stand up Harry, it's dangerous." Liam said, wrapping his arm around my chest, leading me into the bedroom.

He closed the door behind us, breaking my eye contact with Aspen.

"No, please, Liam let me see her." I begged, trying to make my way to the door, blocked by Liam who gripped my shoulders tightly.

"You have to go back to bed Harry." Liam told me, urging me to go back and lie down.

"No, I have to see her." I replied, completely ignoring what he was telling me. I didn't care what he said to me. Aspen was crying. And I wanted to know why. I was afraid that it was because of me, because she is afraid of me or because she regrets and does not think a word of what she said to me the day before.

"No Harry, leave her some space. She needs it."

"She told me last night that she wanted to be with me. Does she still need space after a week away from me?" I cried, completely losing my mind. I believed her last night. I believed every word she said to me. I thought I had her back for good.

"It has nothing to do with you, it's more complicated than that." He said looking down. He seemed to be in pain. And when Liam is in pain, it's not normal. He never used to show emotions.

"Harry?"

I looked up at the little voice calling my name; Aspen. She slipped into the doorframe, walking towards me, gazing downcast, arms folded around her stomach. She stopped in front of me, looking up to meet mine. Her lips were pursed. Dark circles marked the underside of her eyes, which I hadn't noticed before, almost as if she hadn't slept all night.