Chapter 10

WARNING
This chapter contains addresses sensitive subjects like sexual assault.

_____________________

Harry

"I did it because I care about you." She said, stroking my cheek with her hand, her eyes resting on it.

She paused before continuing.

"As much as you care about me." She said softly, plunging her eyes into mines.

...

"I don't care about anyone. I don't care about you."

In fact, it's not true, I care about her more than I wanted. I have never experienced this for anyone. I wanted to hate these feelings, but deep down, I liked it. I couldn't hate her. It's impossible to hate such a precious angel. I've never seen a girl so attractive. I've fucked lots of women, but none of them can be compared to Aspen.

She terrifies me. I wanted her away from me as much as possible. But still I couldn't stay away from her. I am not a good person. Devils don't stand with angels of her kind. I dreaded that one day she would disappear, like my mother and my sister, that she would be stolen from me and that I would be demolished again. I won't get over it if it happens.

I dreaded feeling anything for her. But here I am, feeling something break inside me as I watched her leave the bathroom, hurts. By me.

I closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind. I tried to get all my insecurities, all my questions and all my regrets out of my head. I was left alone in the bathroom, enjoying the silence, when the door opened.

"Styles what the fuck happened? What have you done to Aspen?" Liam said to me, frustrated.

"What are you talking about?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Mate, she came out of the bathroom with tears in her eyes. I tried to stop her and talk to her, but she rushed outside." He explained to me.

"Fuck, fuck fuck fuck..." I said, realizing what I had just done.

I rested my head in the palms of my hands. I didn't want to hurt her. It was never my intention.

"Harry what happened?" He said as he approached me.

I thought about what I had told her just before she left.

"What were you thinking? How many times will I have to tell you this? I. Don't. Do. Relationship. Stop imagining that because I touch you or kiss you on the neck I care about you. I could fuck you and kick you out of my house without feeling guilty."

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. All I saw was an asshole.

"Dammit" I said, punching the mirror, which shattered under the impact.

I have never been lucky in life and now I am breaking mirrors.

Way to go Harry.

I looked at Liam. He was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. He was discouraged.

"Was it really necessary?" He asked me as if he was reproaching me.

"Bro, I fucked up so bad. I told her I couldn't care less about her." I said, starting to feel emotional.

"And that's-" He started.

"A lie, yes," I finished, answering his question before he even finished asking it.

"What an imbecile." He said, slapping his forehead with the palm of his hand, discouraged.

"Shut up Liam. I was scared." I say, justifying myself.