Chapter 2

Aspen

"Hi"

This is everything I could answer. My brain couldn't think of anything else to say. Time was put on hold. Nothing existed around me anymore, except him. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. My palms were sweaty. My heart was beating at full speed and my lips were parted. His jaw was clenched while gazing at Niall doing a monologue on I don't know what. In fact, he was literally talking to himself which is pretty funny. Harry seemed to be pretending to listen to him and I wasn't really listening to Niall either. All my attention was focused on the beautiful tall creature sitting in front of me. I've never seen someone who looked like him, not even a little. I was hypnotized, fascinated by his presence.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Niall walked past me to join a group of people calling for him. Without me realizing it, Brook and Liam had left I don't know where. I was left alone with Harry.

"So..." He said, settling back into his seat, his left arm crossed over his chest as the ringed fingers of his right hand gently touched his chin and his lower lip. "You didn't tell me your name, am I wrong?" His piercing green eyes were staring into mine as if he was trying to read my mind.

"Hum Aspen" I whispered, hardly swallowing the lumps in my throat.

What's wrong with me?

"What a pretty name, soft as the Angel you look like." While a smirk appeared on his face.

I saw dimples forming on his cheeks as he smirked. Obviously, this man had to have dimples to make him even more attractive. I was seized with a strange urge to touch them. To be honest, I just wanted to touch his face to make sure he was real. Because I thought I was dreaming. The perfection of this man was surreal.

"Thank you." I was looking at my feet, intimidated by the power this stranger already had over me.

I was so stressed. His presence made me lose all my self-control. My heart was pounding and I felt suddenly hot. I had to leave, to find an excuse. This man fascinated me as much as he scared me.

Why is everyone gone? Why is Louis still not back with our drinks?

"It's been a while since Louis went to get our drinks. Maybe I'd better go get one myself." I said, leaving without even looking at him.

Brook, what situation did you just put me in?

I ran away without looking at him or giving him time to answer anything, walking quickly to the bar. I leaned against the bar counter, trying to come to my senses.

"Breath Aspen, breath. Inhale. Exhale." I was telling myself.

Little by little, my heartbeat slowed down. My breathing was becoming slower and more fluid.

What the fuck just happened?

"What can I serve you my dear?" The bartender asked me, taking me out of my mind.

"Oh, a gin tonic please." I answered, as he left to mix my drink.

At the same time, I felt a male presence behind me then hands resting on my hips.

"I didn't know angels were drinking gin" The man whispered in my ear with a raspy voice.

Harry...

His hands move up to my stomach, cuddling me from behind while applying gentle kisses to my neck near my ear. His lips were warm and soft. His smell ... I have never met a man who smelled so good in all my life. A warm masculine scent with a hint of vanilla covered with the scent of spices. I was transported to another world by his presence.