➽─Part Thirty Two─❥

Michael turned back to look at the nurse, and his expression transformed into one of horror that the nurse was looking at the both you, clearly having seen everything that would incriminate the two of you.

He rose to his feet, moving away from you in the blink of an eye whilst you brought your legs together to sit in a more upright position.

"What...the hell is going on?" she glared at the both of you, her stare moving back and forth - from one to the other.

"Um...well....we...." you glanced over at Michael, and you could see that he was giving you that familiar glare - hoping that you wouldn't try to make an excuse that would cover for him again. "Actually I-"

"What did you see?" Michael cut you off, addressing the nurse.

She scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. "An inappropriate moment between a student and a teacher," she replied sternly.

He stayed silent for a minute, as if thinking deeply. Then, after a bit too awkward of a period of silence, he spoke again.

"Can I ask you not to say anything to anyone...at least not until I've spoken to the dean myself?" he sighed.

"Michael," you got to your feet. "No, you-"

"As long as you tell him not a day after tomorrow, then I can pretend as though I didn't see anything," she glanced at you before glaring back at him. "Even if it was highly inappropriate. A teacher should never take advantage of his student,"

"I understand my mistake, don't worry," Michael countered in a cold fashion.

"No!" you raised your voice, just so they would remember that you were also there. "He didn't take advantage of me. I wanted him more than he was willing to give! I'm not a child," you addressed the nurse.

"You are a student here, and it is strictly against the rules for teachers and students of the same campus to be engaging in romantic affairs," she answered you swiftly. "You may be an adult, but the rules here are as they have been announced. This is not allowed,"

"You're not listening to me, I-"

"(Y/N)," Michael grabbed your unaffected wrist, tugging slightly to stop you from saying anything further. "Enough. She's right - the rules are the rules,"

"I don't care about the rules because I care about you," you looked at him, now throwing all caution to the wind.

"(Y/N), please don't do this," he closed his eyes, bring his other hand to pinch the bridge of his nose.

The nurse observed the both of you intently, and for a second, she almost appeared as if she could have been sad to see the two of you in such a predicament.

Almost.

"Listen...if you...for some reason have feelings for each other...it would be a different scenario if you were under the leadership of different facilities altogether," she added quietly. "If you worked at one," she glanced at Michael before moving to glance at you. "And you studied here still - perhaps it wouldn't be as scandalous," she gave you both one last meaningful look before she gave you a small piece of paper - the medical certificate. "But right now, it is...much too unethical," she proceeded to leave the room - this time for good.

Once she was gone, you turned to look at Michael, automatically moving to take a step closer to him.

"You're not actually...going to tell Professor Anderson...are you?" you stared at him with uncertainty.