➽─Part Sixteen─❥

You had just finished having your shower and getting dressed into a fresh set of clothes. You were now walking along the grounds, with your bag over your shoulder. The sun was up, and everyone seemed occupied. It was around midday, and the air was fresh.

Continuing to walk along, you kept your eyes on the ground. The grass was soft, and you focused on the way your feet moved. The breeze caressed your face gently, feeling good.

Suddenly, you bumped into someone - making you gasp slightly. You looked up and saw Mason. His eyes widened, and a small smile formed on his face. "(Y/N)," he said your name.

You blinked a few times before smiling a little. "Mason," you readjusted the handle of your bag over your shoulder. "Hey,"

"You...okay?" he inquired. "You look a little troubled,"

"I'm fine," you tucked a few strands of hair behind your ear. "Just a little....tired,"

"Do you have a class now?" he asked.

"Yeah, math," your throat went dry. "It..." you looked at your wrist watch. "Starts in a few minutes," you sighed.

"I have math too," Mason responded. "Shall we walk together?"

"Uh...yeah...sure," you nodded as he walked beside you. The two of you moved along, staying together.

"Did you hear about Chelsea?" he said after a moment. You looked at him and frowned.

"Chelsea?"

"The girl that died," he said. "They found her body, earlier today,"

Your blood ran cold, and you nodded slowly. "Yeah...I...saw,"

"There were no witnesses, and no fingerprints," he shook his head. "Whoever did this was slick," he shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants. "And cruel. She was so pretty. A lot of her friends said that she was going to become a famous model,"

Your heart sank as you recalled the image from the night before. There was one witness, and that was you.

"Oh," was all you could say. "What a waste," you muttered.

"Yeah," Mason breathed before turning his head to look at you. "(Y/N), are you sure you're okay? You look really pale," he narrowed his eyes slightly.

"I'm fine, really," you insisted. "Oh, we're here," you gestured to the large lecture hall.

"Oh, yeah," he replied. "Come on, let's sit together," he took your hand and led you to the front of the class. Your mind was too busy to allow you to fight back. The last thing you wanted to do was be in front of Michael.

Mason took a seat before helping you to settle down next to him. You leaned back against the seat slightly and placed your bag onto your lap as Michael walked into the theater. You fished out your books and placed them onto the small table in front of you. You had also brought out your pen, prepared to attempt to take notes.

Michael moved to attach the small microphone to his shirt before looking out at his students. The theater was full, and everyone was chatting loudly before he cleared his throat. His eyes landed on you, and they stayed on you for a moment before he looked away and spoke.

"Good morning, class," he said, his voice coming out smooth.

You felt slightly sick, so you looked down at your book. Michael continued to speak, and you felt like throwing up.

Biting your lip, you groaned slightly. The room seemed to be closing in on you.

"(Y/N)?" Mason whispered as you fell forward. He grabbed you, and you were too weak to move. The last thing you saw was Michael's face before you fell unconscious.

• •══⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══• •