➽─Part One─❥

You opened your eyes and sat up in bed. You looked around the room and noticed that beams of sunlight were leaking through the beautiful windows. Glancing at your clock that was seated on the bedside table, you saw that the time was eight in the morning. Classes started at nine, so you had an hour to get ready.

You were a college student, and you rented a dorm room on campus so that it was easier for you to attend your classes. You loved learning, but the work was stressful.

The morning was cold despite the fact that the sun was out, and all you wanted to do was sleep. However, you could not sleep - you had lectures to attend.

Throwing the blankets off, you sat there for a moment longer before your mobile phone rang, laying on the bedside table. You grabbed the device and looked at it, seeing that it was your best friend - Luisa, calling you.

Accepting the call, you held the phone up to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello best friend!" she laughed. "Girl, did I wake you up?"

"No, I had just woken up when you called," you laughed as well.

Luisa also stayed in a dorm room, not too far from you - so the both of you saw each other often.

"Girl, I have some news!" she squealed.

"Spill," you said.

"Remember Professor Davidson?" she referred to the math teacher that the both of you disliked. Professor Davidson was a mean man, and he always liked to pick on Luisa.

"Ugh, the mention of his name spoils my morning," you groaned.

"Me too, but wait until you hear the news!" she giggled. "He's been replaced!"

"What?" you gawked. A part of you was so happy to hear this because you despised Professor Davidson. But then again, you did not know if the replacement teacher would be any better.

"Yep! And the new teacher is hot!" she sounded extremely excited. "They say that he's tall, and handsome, and has curly hair!"

"Oh wow," you smiled a little. "He seems to be good looking," you responded.

"Apparently he is," she spoke in response. "Math is our first lesson today, so you'll get to see him!" you heard her take in a deep breath.

"Great!" you grinned despite the fact that your best friend could not see you. "I'll see you at class, then," you let out a breath.

"See ya!" she bid you goodbye before the call became disconnected.

You tossed the phone onto the mattress and fell back onto the bed. You did not want to go to class, but you had to. You needed to pass all your subjects.

It's time to get ready.

︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

After getting ready, you left your dorm room - being sure to lock the door securely. You had your bag over your shoulder, and your purple dress moved as you walked. You walked along the corridor, and passed a few wild students as you did so. Everyone was loud, and it was a tad bit annoying.

You raced down the staircase, and ran out of the main exit of the building. The grounds were filled with students, and the noise of laughter filled your ears. Many students had gathered into small groups, and they were all conversing.

You raced along before hearing someone scream behind you. You turned around and saw that it was just a girl, laughing loudly. You continued to move without looking where you were going, and you accidentally bumped into someone.

You fell to the ground with a groan. Shaking your head, you let out a breath when you someone extend their hand to you in a bid to help you up. You gladly took the person's hand and got to your feet. A moment passed before your eyes moved up to meet the person's face.

A man stood before you, and he looked handsome. He had caramel skin, and his curls were fastened into a low bun. He had big eyes, and he was tall. His hands were large, and that was one of the first things you noticed about him.

"I-I'm sorry," you stuttered. "F-For bumping into you,"

The man wore a red shirt that was tucked into a pair of black pants. He wore black penny loafers paired with white socks. He looked smart.

"Don't apologize," he chuckled, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pants. "Just be careful when you're walking. If you don't pay enough attention, you may get hurt," he swallowed.

You studied him and frowned. His hands were extremely cold, and he looked as though he were holding his breath around you.

Am I that repulsive?

"Well, I'd better get on," he smiled a little. "Take care," he said before walking past you, leaving you shocked.

Was he a student?

︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

You had met with Luisa, and the two of you had made your way to the lecture theater. The two of you chatted and laughed as you made your way to your seats. The entire theater was filled with the sounds of students chattering, especially since the teacher hadn't arrived yet.

The two of you sat down, and you let out a sigh.

"Ugh, I just wanted to sleep this morning," you said as you placed your bag onto your lap and began to fish out your book and pens.

"Me too," Luisa groaned as she did the same.

Once the both of you were done, you set your bags down onto the floor - and a man walked in, making his way to the front table - where a microphone sat.

Your eyes widened when you recognized him to be the man you had bumped into, earlier.

"Good morning class, I'm Professor Jackson, and I'll be your math teacher for the rest of the year,"

• •══⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══• •