Chapter 47: Hope

Começar do início

"What is up with your family and hitting people?"

"How did you...when did you...and how...?" There are so many things going on in my mind.

I was super stressed about building the perfect nursery, but now I don't need to because it's right here in front of me.

"I know the other wall isn't finished yet. I almost fell off the ladder and died. Don't worry, I'm fine, but damn is it fucking hard to-." I stop his rambling by pulling him down by his shirt and kissing him as hard as I can manage.

He leans in immediately and holds my face as I grip onto his shirt tightly. Our lips move simultaneously with each other, the rhythm we've built since we had our first kiss still perfect.

"I love it," I almost squeal as I rest my forehead against his.

He genuinely smiles down at me, the emotion in his eyes from my happiness clear as day.

He sighs. "I know, I'm amazing," he boasts, making me roll my eyes at him since he ruined it.

"Sometimes," I admit.

He looks offended.

"I'll have you know that people stop me on the street just to tell me how amazing I am."

"You mean egotistical," I correct.

"I am not egotistical," he says, taken aback. "I'm handsome, tall, handsome, smart, and handsome. You're lucky I'm even with you."

I laugh. "Really?

"Yes, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wait until our baby wakes up." He dramatically walks over to the crib with his head held high.

I laugh as I follow behind him to see if she's sleeping alright.

I don't think she looks like anyone so far. Alaiya and Roman said that she looks exactly like me, except with brown hair. Iris; Legend's girlfriend, who he met when he was in a movie, said that she looked like a mixture of Rider and me.

Legend thought she just looked like a baby.

I already know she's a daddy's girl because when Rider held her for the first time, her first response was to give a huge smile towards him. Even the nurses were a little surprised at her quick mood change since she'd been crying a lot.

That's what made Rider cry even more.

He used to talk to her all the time when I was pregnant, so I guess she recognized his voice.

"How about Franchesca?" Rider suggests.

"We are not naming our child Franchesca," I deny his idea.

No offense to the Franchesca's out there.

"Fine, how about...Isabella."

"Too basic."

Again, no offense.

"Look, not everyone gets unique names like Bethane."

"Your name isn't that special either," I argue back stubbornly.

"At least it's not Bethane." He nods at me sarcastically. I almost throw something at him.

I decide to just ignore his comment and try to think of a good name. Many come to mind, but nothing sticks.

"We have to think of it by tonight or else our daughter's going to be walking around named no-name. And I will not have a daughter named no-name." Rider holds out his finger in protest.

I nod because he's right. Not about the no-name part. That's just dumb.

The day is spent with everyone visiting us and holding the baby. I made a plan that everyone who stopped by will drop names into a basket and maybe it'll help us.