31 | Lunch with the Royals

"Well,..." he begins, looking through his lashes.

"Don't you know how to move?"

"I- I was only..." I started to stutter.

"There's no need to explain," he adds before becoming solemn.

"Join me for breakfast, and we'll chat later in my office."

"Am...could you please show me the bathroom?"

"Use mine, it's the first door on the left," he shouts walking out the door.

"And a guard will accompany you."

With that, he walked away, and I dashed straight to my backpack, where I kept the rock and paper. I brought my hands into view, remembering the cut on my hands, only to see that it had vanished without a trace.

I suppose this is the new normal; I reasoned.

I hurriedly threw my tangled hair into a sloppy bun and ran into the bathroom to undress.

What appeared to be a little room behind the door turned out to be the most modern bathroom I had ever seen. Even better than the first one I saw.

But it had to be better, how could it not be when he's such an arrogant jerk, I scoffed.

It made me wonder how he kept us away from all of his work. I guess that is why he dealt with us seeing Lazarus act so severely and secretively.

But how come I was only now permitted to eat breakfast with him, it just didn't add up. As I walked into the stand-up bath, I let the silky robe fall from my shoulders and drop to the ground. The warm water instantly flowed on my face like a cascade, sending a sense of tranquility to engulf me.

After I finished my bath, I wrapped myself in a towel and picked up the stone, examining it.

When I held the stone in my hands, it crumbled, revealing a crystal pendant. I decided to photograph it and utilize Google Photo Search to locate it. The findings revealed that it was a moonstone crystal in a couple of seconds. The page stated...

Moonstone, a gem for intuition, balance, and increased desires in its owner, aids in the channeling of one's feminine nature. Moonstone, which is associated with the crown, third eye, and heart chakras, soothes and reduces tension while unleashing all forms of love. Moonstone is a strong gem that has a wide range of healing properties that are well-known among fairies.

I read on, intrigued.

The stone is said to reveal to its possessor what their true desire is, leading them to act on it. However, it only works on fairies; to humans, it is merely a piece of jewelry.

I then placed the stone in a sock and concealed it in my bag, not before pulling out three different outfits. The paper that came with the stone then dropped to the floor, revealing what it said.

 The paper that came with the stone then dropped to the floor, revealing what it said