Fury

Jayde's POV: 

In love and war, there is no security or a sense of safety. This war it is no difference. It is us against them. Santiago won't take a loss. I have no doubt in my mind about Santiago's plan. That doesn't mean things could go wrong. His plan is flawless, using William is a good angle but there are countless people that could get in the way. As badly as it sounds I have no problem going through people like Zander and Aspen who could be possible obstacles. Especially if that will earn Santiago his prize.

Since I've been sentenced to bed rest, all I have is time to think. Only awake for the past three hours and I'm already bored out of my mind. Throwing stuff across the room out of boredom. 

"Enough of this shit" I muttered, more to myself then anyone else. Not that there was anyone to listen to my rambling anyway. I swung my feet to the side of the bed and hopped off. Heading over to the night stand to grab some clothes. Selecting leggings and a sports bra. If he won't let me do something actually important, I might as well train. I wouldn't want to risk getting out of shape. Like that could actually happen but still. I got out of off my night clothes and slipped on the new ones, heading down stairs. Throwing my hair in a high ponytail as I walk down the stairs. My new wound on display.  I ripped of the bandage last night, leaving it completely revealed. Stitches and all, bruised to high heaven.

Santiago was eating at the kitchens bar, taking a sip of his black coffee while scrolling through his phone. I walked quietly past him. Trying to avoid his detection as I made my way to the gym. 

"What are you doing up" he asked, his eye's never moving from his phone.

 I walked back over to him, accept on the other side of the bar. Leaning my body weight on the white marble counter. "Just stretching, getting moving. Normal morning things" I mumbled. Trying to be calm and collected. Not wanting to be sentenced back to bed.

"Right, and why are you doing that instead of resting like I told you to" he asked, an attempt to make me feel guilty for disobeying his order. 

" I am no use to you laying in bed, getting weaker as a I stay there. So instead I should be doing things to get better. Like working out and training. Plus, I can't even feel it. So it can't really be that bad" I muttered. Making every attempt to stay out of bed. "We both know me being in that bed isn't what you truly want".

He finally looked up from his phone, his face void of any expression. "You know why you can't feel it little bird, that doesn't mean it's not there. If you really want to train, then fine. In fact the leader of the Cobra's has been begging to see you, maybe he'll go easy on you" he insisted. Putting his phone on the counter and pulling something from out of his pocket. "I also thought you might want this back" he joked, handing me a phone. 

"So, are we allies with them now or something" I ask, unlocking and going through my phone. A million missed calls from Santiago, Alex and an unknown number. I wonder what Alex had to say, to bad he's to dead to tell me. 

Santiago let out a chuckled and folded his hands on the counter. "I suppose we are, like William he also fancy's you. Maybe even loves you. That could be useful." he added. 

I was left confused once again. "Luke doesn't love me" I argued. Getting off the counter and searching the fridge. 

Both William and Luke don't even know me, let alone love me. If they did, they wouldn't be able to look at me at all. 

"His actions suggest otherwise Little bird, you really have all the men around here wrapped around your little finger" he scoffed. His eye's focused on me. "Anyway, it could be useful. So today when you train, act like you care" he joked. Picking up is phone and walking away. "I texted him, he should be here any minute. Probably speeding down the Highway as we speak" he yelled before leaving the room. Slight sense of humor in his voice.