Shattered Glass

Jayde's POV: 

He stumbled back, regaining  his balance in response to my punch. He wiped the blood from his jaw, spitting out the more blood. I got back in my fighting position, waiting for him to make a move. There was silence for a moment until he ran at me. I side stepped him. Turning around to face him. I could see the anger seething from him. 

"Is someone getting mad" I mocked. I smiled, making him get even angrier. I made a run towards him, he threw a punch but I ducked. I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, making his shoulder pop. He grunted in pain. I kicked his back causing him to stumble. "How dumb are you, picking a fight with me." I joked. He rolled his eye's. He then sprinted towards me again, kicking me where I'm injured. He took the opportunity and before I knew it he had his hand around my throat slamming me to the ground. He then got on top of me, straddling  and restraining my hands above my head with his free hand. He let go up my neck causing me to gasp for air and tears to fall down from my eye's. He took his thumb, wiping the tears away. I looked up at him, gazing into his beautiful brown eye's. 

 "Kill me" I whispered. 

He shook his head in disapproval. He brought his hand and caressed my cheek. " Now why would I do that love" he requested with a worried look spread across his face. I began to struggle against is hold, trying to get free. 

"Stop fighting" he screamed at me.

I looked to the side, revealing Aspen captured. I looked back at William only to seem him inches away from my face. So close that I could feel his breath against my check. 

"Love, stop fighting. There's no use in trying" he whispered into my ear. 

"Is that so?" I questioned. He got even closer, his lips inches away from mine. I look into his eye's only to find he's staring at my lips, with his free hand resting on the ground beside my head. My breathing hitched for a minute, despite what I want he has an affect on me that I can't explain. I snapped myself out of it and slammed my head into his. Causing him to release my hands and fall over. I then punched him in the face, straddling him and chocking him in the process. He gripped my hips with his hand. Digging his nails into my stitches. Making me cry out in pain. I still held my grip around his throat as he dug his nails in my hips more in more. Drawing blood on the injured one, reopening the wound from both openings. Making the other hip bleed from his nails. 

"Let him go" a Zander yelled from behind me. I could hear a gun being loaded, making me snap my head to see it aimed at Aspen. I let go of William's throat and hands. He gasped for air, sitting up with me still straddling him. He still held his hands on my hip, keeping me in place. I suddenly felt a piercing pain through my back. Seeing the end of a knife piercing through my chest. I looked up into William's eye's to only see shock. He loosened his grip. I brought my hand up to touch the tip of the blade showing in my chest. Pain filling my entire being, making it hard for me to breathe.  It was getting hard to sit up. I collapsed in his chest, unable to even control my own movements. 

"What did you do" Aspen screamed at the guard who threw the knife. Tears flowing from her eye's and falling to her knee's. I look up at William to see his eye's look glossy. 

 I gripped his shirt, trying to be strong. I cried out in pain before everything turned dark.

William's POV:

I held her close, running to the SUV. Zander followed, dragging Aspen along side him. We reached the SUV, I jumped in the back. "Hospital, Now" We sped off. I looked down at her, she looked peaceful when she slept. Accept the reality is, she wasn't sleeping. She barley has a pulse. I looked at the knife piercing through her chest and the blood coming from her hips.  . Applying pressure, trying to stop the bleeding. We soon came to a sudden stop, the SUV door flying open showing the hospital. I jump out, holding her in my arms as I run towards the entrance to the ER. 

"I need some help, She needs help right now" I scream. A few doctors run over and a nurse come over with a bed. I place her down on the bed only for them to take her away. I try and run after them. 

"Sir? Sir what happened to her? Are you injured" A nurse questioned me. I ran my hands through my hair, trying to breathe. 

I couldn't believe what was happening and why I cared so dam much. She tried to kill me, technically it was self defense. If she would just stop fighting me, none of this would have happened. I would've never hurt her and we wouldn't be here. 

 "I'm fine just help her, please" I hissed. I couldn't help but lash out on the nurse. She should be helping Jayde instead of worrying about me. I took a seat, gripping my hair. Trying to calm myself down. 

She's gonna be okay, she's Jayde Rose. She has to be okay. I need her to be okay. I need her. 

I kept my head down, gripping my hair. Holding back the tears begging to slip from my eyes. 

Apen's POV:

"He killed her" I sobbed. We went in a different SUV then William. The SUV took us back to the Joyner Estate. Zander dragging me inside and taking off the restraints. Letting go of my arm allowing me to fall to my knee's. "She's dead , he killed her. My best friend. My partner in crime" I screamed, letting the tears stream down my face. Zander bent down, taking me into his embrace. I pushed him away and got up. Backing away from him. "Get away from me" I hissed. He looked at the ground . "You don't get to do that. We are enemies. You held a  gun to my head less then an hour ago and now you want to comfort me. What the hell is wrong with you" I yelled making Zander meet my gaze. He stayed silent, just staring at me when suddenly his phone rang. He took the phone from his pocket and answered it.

"How is she" he said answering the phone. It took me a minute to realize he was talking to William. I ran up to him, snatching the phone from his hands. 

"They stopped the bleeding and stitched her back up. They said she lost a lot of blood but said she'll be okay" William responded. I let out a breathe of relief.

She wasn't dead. She was okay, Jayde was okay. I hung up the phone handing it back to Zander. 

"Take me to her" I ordered. He just stared at me with no response. I rolled my eye's, walking past him towards the door. He grabbed my hand, stopping me in my tracks. 

"You aren't going anywhere" he roared. I shrugged him off, opening the door. Zander slammed it shut. I turned around, meeting Zander's his eye's. He took another step towards me. Placing his hand on either side of my head, boxing me in. 

"I said you aren't going anywhere. I just got you back" he shouted, banging his hands against the door. "

"Why do you even care, you were fine with there being a gun to my head" I screamed in his face. I banged my head back against the door in frustration. I was about to open my mouth to talk more shit but Zander crashed his lips against mine. I kissed him back, not realizing what I was doing until the realization finally hit me. I pushed him off. " We're done here" I mutter, walking away.

What the hell did I think I was doing. Kissing him back, him of all people. Letting him steal my first kiss. Letting the man that allowed a gun to be held to my head to steal that from me. My worry for Jayde faded, the more I thought about the kiss. I let him take my first kiss away, only hours after his men threw a knife into my best friends chest.. What made it even worse was that I liked it. I loved the feeling of his lips against mine. The feeling of him and now that I got a taste, I want more........