„I'm nervous but in a good way. Other than that I'm exited and I think I will enjoy today as long as it is with you." she blushed at the hidden compliment.

„Good to know. Since your driving I will take the surprise and tell you where will drive to." she said buckling up.

„Up to the pier." she smiled and I nod smiling back.

„I haven't been there since what feels like ages." I said smiling at myself as we drove there.

„Me too. I hoped you would like something like this. It will be fun."

„Wanna listen to some music?" I asked her and she smiled nodding at me.

„Nothing goes over music. So yes." she smiled and I turned the CD on. I didn't notice that it was the one from my grandparents so stand by me was playing.

I grinned at myself shaking my head slightly as I think back on the time when I listened to it first.

„Sorry i can put something more modern on." I wanted to reach to the radio but she stopped me by pulling my hand back.

„No I like it I don't mind." she answered and I just nod looking back to the traffic.

I hummed along getting lost in the song I haven't heard in a while. I was so distracted that I started to sing along.

„Just as long, as you stand, stand by me."

Lizzie joined quickly singing along.

„So darling, darling stand by me." we started to sway from side to side enjoying ourselves.

„Ohh stand by me."

„Oh stand, stand by me, stand by me."

„You have a really beautiful voice bre." Lizzie nudged dem from the side.

„Thank you. Appreciate it liz. You don't sound to bad yourself ever thought of singing life?" I asked glancing at her and she shook her head.

„It's only shower singing for me or when I'm alone especially." I laughed at her comment.

„It's true the shower gives another vibe when you sing." she nod and I parked my car at the pier.

„Soo I think we should start off with some food. How about you?" she asks me as we walked out of the car.

„Yeah I'm fine with that. How about burgers and fries? Haven't had that in a while." I offered and she nod.

„I'd love to. Let's go." we made our way sitting in on the pier watching the ocean next to us. We ordered our food and it came pretty fast.

„This smells so good." I hummed taking in then scent of m burger and fries.

„Enjoy." she winked at me and we both bite into our burger humming in synch.

„So did you come here often?" she asks me wiggling her hand around.

„Almost every weekend but it was years ago. I was often here with my grandparents. Sometimes with my mom and dad but they didn't really have much time and if also didn't seem like they care in any way." I glanced down at my fries taking a big bite.

„You really think that they don't care?" she ask and I nod.

„the only thing they cared about was my future. My father was so fixated on graduation and grades. My mom always said I should marry a rich man so that I don't have to worry about money when I raise my kids. I was bending into their morals to much.
I was standing my ground when college came around. I said what i wanted to study and told them about my passion. They obviously didn't like it. They only let me do it when I would take a side class which was either psychological class or law school. So yeah. I also haven't seen them in years. Their always busy and don't even take the Time to call. Financial I got my grandparents heritage. They wanted me to live as good as I could and they saw how my parents treated me with no care. It's hard because I just want to be excepted for what I do. Which is the thing I love the most."