34.

It was Saturday morning and Nini was peacefully sleeping,rays of sun peeking through the window making her stir in her sleep.She heard her timer go off and groaned.She blindly grabbed her phone and opened it,letting her eyes adjust,seeing it was just 10pm.A big smile formed on her face as she saw the date and the messages and notifications from her friends and family,wishing her for her birthday.Nini has always adored birthdays,and today was no exception especially since she became eighteen.She pushed the covers of her and decided she would see the messages of her friends later.She took a quick shower while blasting 18 by one direction,put her comfortable sweatpants and one of Ricky's old sweaters and got down to say good morning to her moms.She got down the stairs,the sweet smell of pancakes,her favourite,and coffee in the air.
''Good Morning Moms!'' she said happily walking in the kitchen.
''Nini honey,you're up.'' Mama D exclaimed and both of them crushed her in a big hug.
''Happy Birthday,sweetheart.''
''Thanks,moms.'' she said.''Can you let me go though?I can't breathe.'' she said as she struggled to get out of their grip.
''Sorry,honey.'' Mama C laughed as they let her go.''We love you and we're emotional because our little baby turned eighteen.''
Nini good naturedly rolled her eyes and chuckled.''I know,I know.'' she said and took a seat at the table,filling her cup with coffee and her plate with pancakes.
''So,what are the plans for today?''Mama D asked.
Nini squinted at her.''Please,like you don't already know.'' she teased.
''Why would we know?'' her mom asked and raised her brow.
''Because they always get you into the plan for whatever surprise they have for today.''she said.
''We have no idea what you're talking about,sweetie.'' her mom said and sipped her coffee.
Nini chuckled at her mom's antics.''Well,Ricky will text me any moment now to ask me to get ready so he can distract me as the rest plan my party.'' she said smartly.Every year her friends made Ricky distract for half the day so they could prepare her surprise,her moms always in the plan.
As she said that her phone sent her a notification and she picked it up,expecting to see a message from Ricky.Instead of that though,she got a text from Aiden.
Hey baby❤️Be ready in an hour,I'll pick you up!
She couldn't help the feeling of disappointment as she realised it wasn't Ricky.''Oh.''she muttered.
''What's wrong?''her mom asked.
She looked up at her.''What? Oh nothing,Aiden just texted me to get ready.''
''Isn't that a good thing?''
''Of course it is.''she said and plastered a smile on her face.''I just thought it was weird it wasn't Ricky,just because he always is,you know?I just got confused.'' she said,yeah confused,that was it,nothing more.
She took hold of her phone again and opened up instagram to see all her friends's posts.Ej's post caught her eye and let out a loud laugh as she saw the picture he picked.She  scrolled down her mentions seeing all the sweet messages her friends wrote,feeling herself getting emotional.She was so grateful for them.She clicked on the post Aiden made for her,and beamed as she read what he wrote.He really was the cutest.She reached the final post which was Ricky's, her heart melting when she saw the picture he chose to post.It was of them when they were around five,they were going to school and it was cold so he immediately reached to her to zip up her jacket.She softly smiled at the memory and kept reading.For some reason,she felt her heart beating a bit faster at his words,a light pink colour covering her cheeks but she didn't know why.Or she didn't wanna find out the reason why.Either way she put her phone down and tried to shake her thoughts away.When she saw the time she quickly finished her breakfast,and went upstairs to get ready for when Ricky- no-Aiden was picking her up.

When she saw the time she quickly finished her breakfast,and went upstairs to get ready for when Ricky- no-Aiden was picking her up