4.

-lunch

-lunch

The cafeteria was buzzing with excitement after homecoming was announced as Nini walked through the tables trying to find her friends.She spotted the table,seeing only Ricky and Allison,and she immediately wanted to turn around and go to the roof to eat.Sadly for her,Ricky immediately spotted her and waved her over.She put on a fake smile and took a seat opposite of the couple,hoping Red or anyone else would show up soon.
''So,Nina.''Allison started''Are you coming to Homecoming?''she asked.
''Yes.''she said and took a bite of her food.
''Me and Ricky are also coming together and we're definitely having matching outfits,right babe?''Allison said.
Nini scoffed''Ricky hates these kind of things.''
Allison gave her a sharp look. ''Maybe he used to hate them,but you agreed,right Ricky?''
''Um yes,sure babe.''he said playing around with his food,an uncomfortable silence settling afterwards.
Thankfully,Red showed up along with the rest,taking a seat next to Nini.
''Sorry,we were so late,what you were all talking about?''Red asked.
''Homecoming.''Nini said.
Everybody else joined the conversation,sharing their excitement about the event,talking about who was going to with who.
''What about you Neens,do you have any one in mind to have as a date?'' Gina asked her.
''Oh no,I don't think I'm going with someone.''
Ej turned to Ricky.''You should set her up with one of your friends,Ricky.''
Ricky looked up to him''Oh,I don't think that's the best idea.''he said.
''Why not,babe?I guess one of them would be kind enough to be her date.''Allison said,fake sweetness dripping from her words.
''He really doesn't have to.''Nini said.
''See,she doesn't want either.''he said.
''God,why are you so defensive about it?''Allison said annoyed.
''I'm not-'' he started to say when the bell rang and interrupted him.
''Whatever.''Allison said rolling her eyes and storming off.
Nini turned to look at him''I'm sorry Rick,I didn't mean to cause you any trouble''she said.
''Don't worry about it,she gets like this over the littlest things,not your fault''.
Red jumped in.''Come on,Neens we have the next period in five minutes,let's go.''she nodded and turned to look at Ricky once more before she followed him.
The rest of them left,leaving Ej and Ricky behind.
''So now that we're alone,why don't you want to set her up with one of your friends?''
Ricky shrugged.''I don't know.''
''Maybe you're afraid your freshman crush is going to come back if you see her with someone else'' Ej teased him.
''Shut up,I didn't have a crush.''
''Is that why you were mopping for a week after she went out with Jake,from sophomore year?''he said laughing.
''Fine,maybe I did,but I never I did have any actual feelings for her or will I ever,okay?I just don't like those dudes for her,just let it go.''he said.
''Fine,fine whatever you say.''Ej said and they continued their way to their next class.

''Ej said and they continued their way to their next class