Anyway, Sue goes around the place, asking some people questions. I try to listen in, but Rory calls me back to the counter to make the smoothies. I don't even know why a coffee shop sells smoothies, plus they're really complicated. Thankfully, I've been on autopilot all morning, so it's not a big deal.

After about 20 minutes of inspecting the place, Sue walks over to me and Rory.
"Lopez and Irish? I need to speak to you both first thing tomorrow morning."
Then she turns on her heel and walks out the shop. Rory serves the next few customers, then turns to face me.
"Oh god. Good or bad news?"

I shrug and take a sip from the coffee I'm drinking. I had to wait for Sue to leave before I could make it, and I was barely functioning. Rory rolls his eyes and goes to clear a few tables, while I paste on a smile and serve everyone.

When my shift ends, I take off my apron and grab my backpack before heading to my first lecture. With my former friend Mercedes. She just ignores me completely now, which is a shame. If I wasn't so tired, I could make some really good jokes about Miss Rhodes and her alcoholism.

I don't even know what happened. One minute I was taking notes, next thing I know Mercedes is nudging me with a concerned look on her face.
"Santana?"
"Hmm?"
"You fell asleep. Are you okay?"
"Shit, how much did I miss."
"You can copy mine. Now answer me, are you okay? You're really pale."
"I'm fine. Just didn't sleep much last night. Oh, and I'm so honoured that you're speaking to me."

She looks uncomfortable

"I'm sorry about all that. I think that it's gone a bit far, but Rachel is loving it. And Tina just goes along with whatever Britt says."
"I know. But it wasn't my fault."
"Really?"
"Yes. Puck told me that it didn't start until later, and he was the one who was driving me there. I didn't have a choice."
"Oh, Santana. I'm sorry."
"Yeah, you should be."

I stand up, ready to go my next lecture.

"I've been fucking miserable for the past few weeks. And nobody has been there for me."

Then I walk out the room, leaving Mercedes behind.

I'm paranoid about falling asleep in the next few classes, but I somehow make it through while staying awake. The day floats by, as ever other day does. I don't eat lunch, my stomach turns when I go near the cafeteria. Instead I go to the library and catch up on some work. I hide at the back, where the dusty old reference books are, so I won't have to talk to anyone.

Before I know it, I'm at the diner, changing into my uniform. Dani runs in, late. She's been dating this new girl, and she lives further out of town.

"Sorry I'm late." She pants, dumping her bag and fixing her hair. I pass her my deodorant and she nods a silent thanks.
"It's fine. I just got here anyway." I assure her.
"Santana, can I ask you something serious?"
"No, not really."
"Are you okay? Like, answer me properly. Because you don't look like you've been sleeping, I think you've lost weight, and you keep zoning out. I'm getting worried about you."
"I'm fine, I swear. Just.. a lot of work right now."
"Okay. Remember, I'm here to talk."
"I know."

I leave before she can question me any more. The diner is busier than usual, due to a new show opening up just down the street. So people are coming here for their pre-theatre dinner. I serve a bunch of people, carefully avoiding Dani while I'm at it. But then something happens.

I'm not sure what happened first. Either the plate burned my hand, or I tripped over his foot, or I just felt so overwhelmingly tired. But anyway, I got dizzy and the room was spinning. And this time, there was nothing for me to grab onto.

Either way, I ended up on the floor with a smashed plate beside me. When I came around, a bunch of people were crowded over me. I tried to sit up, but Dani appeared and cleared everyone away.
"Stay there San."
"No, I'm fine, seriously."
"No, you're not."