Chapter 30

"I am hungover," I whine while clutching my coffee in the back seat of the Jeep.

"Well isn't the consequences of our own actions," Lance replies, turning in his seat to look at me. "I was really impressed when you won 7 games of beer pong last night though."

"Thanks," I groan as we hit a bump and for a second I think I am going to lose the food Matt force fed me before we left the house. Our awesome friends besides throwing an epic party also grabbed some groceries for us knowing we would have a chaotic few days between moving Lance in, going back to work, Matt doing press, and packing to go home for the other party.

"We will be there in an hour babe. Why don't you open the window and try to get some fresh air?"

"Yeah hang you head out like a dog Syd!"

"Fuck you both," I bite back and cover my head with a sweater and try to sleep a little.

When we finally get to campus and park in front of the dorm building I stumble out and wonder if maybe I should have just kept drinking, but having a hangover at work tomorrow probably would have been worse. Besides this is better than the hangover I had when Matt and I got back together so it could be worse.

"Babe you go with Lance and help him get his key and make sure his meal plan is set up and everything else and I will begin unloading."

I throw him a thumbs up and shove my sunglasses onto my face before following Lance into the commons area to get his dorm key. Virginia Tech is not that much smaller than Penn State so the commons is already pretty loud considering school begins tomorrow. "Make them sh Lance."

"Yeah ok let me just tell everyone to be quiet because the queen has a headache." Lance puts his arm around my shoulder and guides me to where we need to go while I take deep breaths and gingerly sip my coffee.

While Lance checks in and gets his key I review all the paperwork to make sure it is correct. Matt and I are his emergency contacts so I make sure our information is correct on top of a few other small details. He is on the wrestling team on a full ride and they always make sure he has the highest tier meal plan, which is great because man can this boy eat. He is in the weight class below Matt but he could eat more than me and Matt combined during the off season.

The woman getting him all checked in keeps giving me weird looks. I will admit I do look like Lance's really young, bitchy rich mom. I am wearing expensive sunglasses I bought last summer in Italy with a Virginia tech wrestling shirt and lululemon leggings paired with my Nikes. My makeup is lightly done and my hair is pulled back into a slick high pony and the only jewelry I opted for today is my engagement ring which keeps catching the light.

Once Lance is checked in we return to Matt who has half the car unpacked already and each grab some stuff to bring up. The boys each grab a suitcase while I pick up a small throw pillow and we head up the three flights of stairs.

Once we make it to Lance's room, a 4 bedroom suite with a common area for the rooms to share, the boys agree I should begin to unpack while they bring the rest of the stuff in. I am perfectly fine with that and begin setting up his dresser and unpacking the first suitcase.

Lance is the last of the 8 guys to move in since sports started practicing a week ago. Lance was able to move in late because Matt was in the Olympics and he was going. The other 7 guys are also all athletes and this is their 3rd year living together. Lance's roommate is also a wrestler, The room next to them is a basketball player and a hockey player, across from Lance are two football players, and the last room is a soccer player and a lacrosse player. I will say despite all of them being relatively big athletes on campus they are all sweet guys and I am so happy Lance has them.