Chapter 28

Sorry for the short-ish chapter; the next one should be up in a few days at most.

Karmen's P.O.V

When I open my eyes my head is pounding, and my vision is blurred. It's only when everything comes back into focus that I realize that I'm not home in my bed.

"What the fuck happened?" I panicked looking around the room. My hands are chained to the wall behind me but my feet are free.

I spent a few minutes trying to free my hands when a metal door shrieked open. "There's no point in trying to escape. It will do you no good" he said as a light turned on above our heads.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I asked as my eyes adjusted to the bright light. "Well, I want Luca. You're just step 1" he shrugged sitting on a backwards chair facing me. "What did he do?" I groaned.

"He took what was mine, and I want it back." He said as he reached out and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. "Huh, you look like the whore that was his mother." He smirked.

"Fuck you." I said and his smirk dropped. He brought his hand back and smacked me clean across my jaw.

"Just know when Luca finally comes to get you, I'll be ready and you will go home, have that pathetic excuse for a baby that's resting in your belly, be with that little girl Micah, and I will have what is mine and the person responsible will be dead." He stated before standing up from the chair and leaving.

————————————————

Someone pulling me up by my hair brought me back to consciousness. "Aw fuck!" I yelled and kicked my feet as I gripped the hand holding my hair. "Good, you're awake." The man said, releasing me and putting a piece of cardboard down on the floor with a piece of stale bread and a single orange slice on it.  "You expect me to eat that?" I asked. "Yeah if you don't want baby to die." He said with a thick Russian accent and broken english.

I rolled my eyes at him and reached over taking a bite out of the bread. "Can I get some water at least?" I asked, looking up at him. "Later. You get water once a day." He said before going over to the corner of the room and watching me as I ate.

"Well Grump. What's you're name?" I asked him as he just narrowed his eyes at me. "Fine I'll stick with Grumpy." I taunted leaning back against the wall behind me.

After what had to be 20 minutes of me just annoying grumpy, he finally groaned and left the room.

Luca's P.O.V.

"Get out." I spoke. Everyone in the conference room was talking over each other and no one heard me. "I said, get the fuck out!" I yelled standing up. The talking quickly came to a stop and everyone filed out of the room.

After the door slammed shut, I sat back down in my chair. "Fuck!" I yelled, slamming my fist onto the table. "Damn it Karmen where are you?" I asked myself.

I stood up and opened the door to the conference room. Matteo was kneeling in front of Micah holding her hands talking to her but both of their attention went to me when they heard the door open. "Daddy?" Micah questioned taking a step towards me.

"Yes my sweet girl?" I asked, kneeling down to her height. "What's the matter?" She said, placing her small hand on my cheek.

"I'm just a bit frustrated but don't worry everything is going to be okay." I hope.

"Okay.... Where's momma?" Her question stunned me. I hadn't thought about what I was going to say to her. I looked up at Matteo and he was watching me with widened eyes that held sadness at her question. "Well, she has gone on a vacation" I responded.

"Oh, when will she get back?" She followed up. "I'm not sure princess, but right when I know you will be the first to know okay?" She nodded her head and by the look on her face I could tell she had more questions.

"Hey, remember what I said okay? Everything is going to be okay." I said picking her up and bringing her with me downstairs into the kitchen.

Everyone in the room looked at me with pity as I carried the quiet Micah to the fridge. "Micah? What do you want for lunch?" I asked her as softly as I could. She shook her head "I'm not really hungry."

"Are you sure? I can make you something small or maybe just a snack?" I asked and she just shook her head again before resting it on my shoulder. "Okay how about we watch some tv?" I suggested.

She shrugged her shoulders, which I took as a yes. I sat her down on her two feet before speaking again. "Go get comfy on the couch and I'll come watch with you in a second okay?"

After she agreed she hesitantly left the kitchen to watch a show. "What the hell are you all staring at?" I yelled just quietly enough so that Micah couldn't hear me. After shooting everyone one last glare I grabbed a bag of cheetos and went to the living room to watch tv with Micah.

I opened the bag of chips and placed it on the coffee table hoping that she would see them and want something to eat. I picked her up and laid on my back resting her on my chest. "What's wrong angel?"

"I miss momma and my baby." She mumbled, breaking my heart. "Me too." I said to myself quietly. "I know momma and the baby miss you too." I said pulling her closer to my chest.