eighteen: guilty until proven innocent

Start from the beginning

He bent down behind her and looked at the paper, "How are you gonna find him?" He asked.

Inari looked up, "It'll be easy. Most people know everyone here. But there is one man who I'm sure knows everyone here." She explained while standing up. She turned around, "He knows something. I know it." Her tongue clicked in distaste, "Overwhelming evidence?" Inari asked, quoting the article, "One thing I hate in this world, is liars." Her eyebrows furrowed together.

"What are you going to do to him." He questioned, Inari smirked and removed the ribbon from her ponytail, making her dark hair fall down to her back, "Remember what Lord Orochimaru would tell us?" She glanced at him, he didn't respond, "Violence can get you what ever you want." She remarked while smiling.

With the piece of paper in her pocket. Inari changed her clothes, she was wearing black leggings and black boots, and a black turtle neck to hide her bandages. Her hair parted in the middle into two halves and put in front of her shoulders. Before hopping out of her window, she threw on a dark blue poncho and put her hoodie on over her head, grabbing her black ninja pouch and tightened it around her upper thigh.

Inari quietly snuck out, her footsteps against the wet ground were light and quick, barely making any sound. She was walking past markets and people, her head lowered so she wouldn't be recognized. Quickly scanning the area, she walked into a small convenience store.

The bell on the door chimed and Inari walked through the small isles, her eyes darted around as she observed the variations of items to choose from. Inari put down her hood and glanced at the set of newspapers near the cashier. She grabbed a bag of cheap potato chips and cherry pink mochi candy. Inari walked up to the cashier and set her things on the countertop, as she quickly read his nametag. Botan Fukuda. That's him, the owner of the shop. If anyone could know everyone in this entire village, it's Botan. Despite the store being small, a lot people shop here regularly all the time, Inari figured that Botan would know something about the journalist.

Botan observed Inari before grabbing her items, "What weather we're having." He commented with a small chuckle, glancing out the clear door and scanning her items. Inari looked at him and smiled softly, "My grandma hates weather like this, I never seem to mind it though." She spoke, reaching under the cabinet and pulling out a newspaper. Inari read the main title and it had her name on it.

"Wow, the Inari Akashi has been suspected of being a spy for Orochimaru? How much is this?" She asked, exaggerating her shock. "Well, altogether, the total will be 150 yen." He answered, pressing on buttons in the register. Inari nodded and reached into her pockets, puling out two yen and sliding it across to him on the counter.

Botan took the money and put it into the register. He counted the change and before he handed it back to Inari, she asked him a question, "Excuse me, where do you think I can find...Masaru Kimura?" He blinked and then smiled, "Oh! One time he told me where his office is..." Botan looked up and tapped his chin, "I think it's over by the second business block. You'll have to pass Ichiraku's ramen and then make a left from there. His name will be on the sign, you won't miss it!" He answered, handing her back her change.

Inari stuffed it into her pocket and smiled, "Thank you mister."

He bowed, "Thank you for shopping at Botan Foods!"

Before she opened the door, she threw her hood back on and a smirk tugged at her lips.

"Will violence be the first thing you resort to? You know I taught you that it doesn't always have to be the solution." The boy with dark-purple hair asked, Inari glanced at him, "It may be the only thing I can resort to. Why do you care? He put lies attached to my name, what ever happens--he already had it coming."