Chapter 34 Problem

Chyna

"Dad?" Chyna said answering his call.

Then a woman's voice came on crying sounding very upset then Chyna knew something wasn't right.

"Chyna baby!" Rita says as she couldn't stop the crying.

"Mom what happened Is Dad and Gabriel ok?" Chyna asked her mother.

She took a deep breath and finally let it out.

"Gabe is fine he is on his way here to the hospital I'm sorry Chyna but your father might not make It through the night because he's been shot!" 

Chyna covered her mouth with her hands looking surprised. "No what!"

She took the phone away from her ear and broke down started crying. 

"Mommy is pawpaw hurt!!!" Cheyenne starting crying too.

"Cheyenne go back upstairs ok with your brother mommy's talking to granny." Chyna said talking still on the phone.

"Okay" Cheyenne said leaving out the room.

Chyna got back on the phone and apologized. "I'm sorry mom I sure do hate that about daddy so where did they take him?"  

"Northwestern Memorial." She says.

"Alright I'm on my way" Chyna says hanging up the phone.

Flashback
(Five Years Ago)

Chyna whole entire family was In the living room watching TV for a movie night as Chyna came In the house running upstairs to call her boyfriend as her mother stopped her.

"Chyna who keeps calling?" Rita asked eating some Popcorn.

"Nobody Mom I'm going to my room to study!" Chyna said as her dad stopped her. 

"Wait! you don't want to watch your favorite film Halloween" James says as Chyna paused.

"Did you just say Halloween? oh well In that case I don't mind I just call Derrick another time" Chyna said smiling while sitting on the couch with her family.

"Gabe move over so your sister can sit down" Rita said.

Gabe moved over and sat down on the couch It was only two on one couch and the two at the other couch James and Rita wanted Chyna and Gabe to bond.

"I don't like sitting by her she talks through the whole movie Dad!!" Gabe says shouting.

"Okay so do you!!!" Chyna said rolling her eyes.

James rolled his eyes sitting down In the living room watching Halloween on television with his beautiful wife.

They was In the middle of watching television when the doorbell rung.

"Oh, Chyna get the door since you're closer!" James says as his daughter got up and answered the door.

"Derrick?" Chyna said shocked to see him.

"Hey wanna take a ride with me right quick?" Derrick states.

Before Chyna could say anything Mr. Huffman got up out of the couch and looked outside to see Derrick standing outside talking to his daughter he thought he was tripping at first cause Derrick never comes over unannounced.

"Hey Mr. Hartman" Derrick says half grinning.

"Hey there come In" James said.

"Thanks" Derrick says holding Chyna's hand.

"You welcome so what brings you here?" James asked Derrick.

"Oh just thought I stop by and surprise Chyna so how's work Mr. Huffman?" Derrick said smiling.

"Okay I know that's not what you came over for so why don't you tell me why you really here" James says folding his arms across the chest.

"Sorry, and you right I came over to see If Chyna wanted to come over my buddies house with me to the studio" Derrick said.

"Good that sounds like fun lemme grab my coat.." Chyna say politely.

"Um wait! what's his name and where do he live cause she's not going anywhere without me knowing where she is?" James said with a deep voice.

"He's name is Tyree but he go by Young Chop he my engineer and he live In Englewood

"He's name is Tyree but he go by Young Chop he my engineer and he live In Englewood." Was all Derrick said. 

"You do know I'm a cop I'll find out where that boy stay If she ain't home by a decent hour" James said.

To Be Continued....

Thoughts on James getting shot?