Chapter 22 Moving Forward

James 

James was In the kitchen making dinner cooking his favorite recipe for his daughter and his two grandchildren which was sloppy joe and some fries.

They all loved that meal even Chyna's little brother who In college right now anyway he began finish cooking when his phone rung.

He took a moment to grab his phone and answer It walking In the other room which was a office room he decided to take the call In the other room Instead so Cynthia wouldn't hear the conversation or anything like that.

"Hello?" He answered the phone.

"Hey Mr. Hartman this Derrick uh Is Chyna home?" Derrick says speaking calmly.

James doesn't know he outside of his house sitting In the car waiting for Chyna to come out and talk.

"Well hello how you doing Derrick, actually she Is over here with the kids what you need her or something?" He said oblivious.

It didn't make sense why would he be calling looking for Chyna out of all people.

"I'm doing good for the most part. But Yes I sure do need her that's If she's not busy cause some woman answer the door and told me she was busy" Derrick said.

"What woman?" He says bussing Into a sweat.

"Some Lady with braids In her hair" Derrick said as James put his hands on his head.

"Oh that ain't nobody but some woman that I work with anyway you want Chyna hold on I'll get her for you" He says putting his phone down walking In one of the guest rooms. 

James paused taking a second to get himself together he was about to walk In another young woman's bedroom filled with so much anger build up towards her father and he didn't understand why.

He knocked on the door and took a deep breath as the door finally opened up he saw his two grandchildren In bed sleeping and Chyna on the phone talking to someone probably a different guy who knows. 

"Oh hey Mom can I call you right back " Chyna said speaking to my wife Rita on the phone.

"Sure okay love you oh and don't forget to tell your Dad I'm on my way but I have to stop somewhere so I'll be running a little late for dinner I know he'll probably gonna kill me!" Rita says on the phone. 

"Oh I can Imagine ok love you too!" Chyna said hanging up the phone.

James just rolled his eyes his wife and daughter really have a lot In common.

Soon as Chyna hang up the phone she sat her phone down on the table while she gave him the meanest look at her father.

"Damn what I do?" He asked. 

"Really....If you going to deny what happen here then we don't have a reason to talk besides I'm getting tired and I would like to rest It's been a rough day" Chyna said trying to hold back her tears.

James just needed answers he wanted to know why was Derrick looking for her and how did her and the kids ended up here It had to been bad. Not only that Chyna haven't been home In five years she left home when she was seventeen all cause she wanted to be with Derrick and then she comes back after five years without giving them a explanation something Is wrong with this picture. 

"Look Chyna I know that you're upset with me and at this point I can understand why you feel the way you do and I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen, It's just happen It's so hard to explain but I'm hoping you can forgive me so we can move forward and be as close as we were when you was younger please will you accept my apology" He says as a tear fell from his hazel eyes.

Chyna didn't know what to say she didn't want to accept his apology so soon especially not after what he did too her mother.

Chyna just looked at her father and seen the way he looked so painless that's what made her change the way she feels about him overall that's still the only father she has and she wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him.

"Yes I accept your apology now can you leave me alone about this" Chyna says to her father willing to forgive him.

"Fine can I have a hug?" James says opening his arms up.

Chyna walked straight In his arms as they both hugged It out as the father rocked her side to side.

Then he remembered to tell Chyna that Derrick wanted her on the phone of course Chyna didn't want to at first but she went on and did It but that doesn't mean they're going to get back together or nothing he still cheated on her with another woman from out west.

(((❤️)))

Chyna

Chyna agreed to see Derrick to hear him outside on the porch she took his hand to walk off the porch with her as they did.

They decided to go over by his car to talk to get whatever off each other chest Chyna had a lot on her mind about the other woman India she been hearing all these crazy rumors from social media about her and Derrick been seen out In public being romantic and she was livid.

"So what do you want Derrick hold on let me rephrase that so was Zendaya and Keisha telling the truth this whole time?"

"Hell no that wasn't telling the truth they told all lies look let me tell you what happened me and Nuski-" Derrick said as Chyna cut him off.

"No I don't wanna hear It cause every time you bring your cousin name up I just looses It both of y'all some heartless cold ass little boys treating women like shit!!!" Chyna said snapping on him.

"Wait! Wait! Hold up you don't know what you talking about If you just let me finish saying what all I needed to say and listen!" Derrick said touching his ears.

"Okay go ahead finish what you was gonna say then!" Chyna said folding her arms across the chest.

Derrick just touched his face he was getting fed up about his woman accusing him of messing around.

"Anyway Like I was saying long story short me and Nuski was both chilling over Teyana's house that day when I slipped In the other girl Dms" Derrick said looking at Chyna as she wanted to smack the fuck out of him.

"What!?! so all of this was just for nothing!" Chyna says pushing him.

Derrick just looked at her standing back as he couldn't say anything at all.

"That's It I'm done with you Derrick I wasn't sure If I should leave or not but after what I'm hearing It's a wrap you don't have to worry about me anymore you can have that other girl from out west move In with her I don't care you can see the twins anytime you want I'm not going to stop you from seeing them no way! but we're over!"  And Chyna just walked away after Derrick ran to her.

"Baby I'm sorry!" Derrick says grabbing her arm.

"No Derrick It's over ok just go home where you belong!!!!" Chyna shouted as It felt like she was In charge for the very first time.

She looked at him before walking back In the house then she ran away crying.

"CHYNA!" DERRICK CALLED AFTER HER.

To Be Continued....