family.

Have you ever met someone and you could immediately tell that there was a special connection between the two of you? There have been some people in my life that continuously produce good results for me. No matter what happens in my life, being around these people seems to always make things better. They are the people that I hold the dearest: my parents, siblings, wife, children, teachers, and friends. "Love at first sight" is a phrase you may have heard before and feeling you may have experienced before. Although I think the feeling is often confused with lust, these special connections are some of the most intense that I have felt, and are impossible to ignore.
Although the book of Ruth is quite short, it is easy to get a strong sense of connection between the main characters, namely Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz. When Boaz first meets Ruth, he can feel an immediate connection, aiding her in her time of need by letting her gather food on his land. (Ruth 2) Naomi, a widow without any living sons, has only Ruth to rely on, and they too seem to have an almost unexplainable connection. In these verses, Ruth bears a son, and you can feel the joy that Ruth, Boaz, and especially Naomi feel in this moment. Their faith in God and love of each other was rewarded: their ancestors would be kings of Israel and eventually, the Son of God.