♥︎Chapter 5♥︎

Corpse has been following me ever since that day, making excuses to sit near me, following me to my classes, anything.

It's not just me who's noticed. All the girls at school give me dirty looks every time he approaches me now and whispered to each other when I enter the room.

Usually, I don't care what they think, they've never really liked me. But this whole Corpse thing is just humiliating.

"Hey there, Y/N."

Speaking of the devil...

"Oh, um, hi."

I immediately looked over to the group of the popular girls, which were standing right across me and Corpse. And as expected, they were whispering to each other and making faces.

I was tired of this, he was ruining my social life, not that I even had one, to begin with, but ugh, still.

Corpse just stood there, looking at me. It looked like he was waiting for me to say something.

"I- uh. I'm gonna go to class. See you there."

I awkwardly spun around, ready to escape him and the dirty looks of others.

But as soon as I turned back I felt his hand grip onto my arm.

He quickly let go, but asked,

"Are you embarrassed by me, Y/N?"

"What? No, why would I- why would I be?"

He turned around and started walking, without saying anything else.

Feeling my face turn warm, I looked around and the amount of dirty looks directed to me just increased.

Ugh.

I didn't know what to do. I just stood there. Until-

I began running straight to the bathroom.

Before I entered, I half opened the door to make sure nobody was inside. Thank god for me, it was empty.

I entered and ran straight into a stall. I sat on a closed toilet seat and pulled out the drugs I had saved from my uncle. I took 2 pills and without thinking popped them right into my mouth.

This felt much better.

I forgot about all the faces,

All the bitches giving me looks

All my problems

Everything went away

And the only thing that could bring me joy

Were the pills.

The magic pills

That I used

To make the pain go away.

Of course, these were the mild kind, only lasting 30 minutes tops.

But they were enough.

I got up immediately and went to class as if nothing had happened.

As usual, my regular seat was empty, hallelujah, and Corpse was sitting right in front of it.

"Where have you been? Not like you to be late to class."

He laughed.

I forcefully smiled.

"Oh you know, I was in the hallway, dying of humiliation after what you did to me." I angrily spat out.

"What- Oh- Um... That was embarrassing... For you? Imagine how I felt, Y/N. Also, that just answers my question."

I was furious, he was acting like your typical douchey high school popular boy, with an ego higher than the roof.

All this boy had done all week was bother me, following me around knowing the kind of treatment the other girls would give me seeing him do that. Me avoiding him had nothing to do with his stuck-up ass, I just didn't want to be treated that way.

But oh, HE was the victim here?

Yeah, I was pissed.

"Well um yeah... Corpse... There's a huge difference if you think about it. I'M NOT POPULAR LIKE YOU, AND WHENEVER I'M IN A HALLWAY ALL I GET ARE DIRTY LOOKS. THE ONES OF 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GIRL DOING WITH HIM?' SO NO, I WON'T IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL, CAUSE THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU, CORPSE. You're popular."

I yelled, a little too loudly, as the girls from earlier walked into the classroom, snickering hysterically.

Shit, the whole class was looking at me, tears started building in my eyes.

Shit shit shit, I'm not going to cry.

Corpse just sat there, staring at me bluntly, he looked speechless. He opened his mouth, then before he said anything, he closed it.

"I- I'm sorr-"

"Don't worry about it. I know demons like me are embarrassing."

Demons?

"No- Please. Don't call yourself that. You're not a demon- you're-"

"No. I get it. I always walk around in this stupid mask. My eyes are flashy red, and that's all you can see from my face. I'm just like some demon from a fantasy novel. I'll stop working myself up whenever I'm around you."

He said, with his voice cracking.

My eyes widened, and my lips trembled. I never thought I would hear Corpse's voice crack. He sounded like he wanted to cry.

What have I done!?

He got up from his seat and started walking.

On his way out of his seat, he accidentally knocked over my backpack with his foot.

Fuck!

I looked down, and the orange bottle fell out. It was rolling on the floor. I just sat there staring at it.

He let out a nervous laugh.

"Y/N, what's t-this??"

He looked at it, horrified.

"They're just my antidepressants... I- um... Yeah, I need those cuz of my- well uh, depression."

I said embarrassedly.

I heard another snicker from the back of the class.

"Oh..."

He said softly.

"No need to be embarrassed about that."

❦E/N❦

❦E/N❦

OMG!!! 92 VIEWS!!!

we started this as a joke but now people are actually reading this and waiting for updates.  That's amazing! 

thank you to everyone who reads this!