Part 42

Jughead POV

We all left pops, none of us planning to go back to the awful High school of ours. I got into my car and had to wait five minutes for Betty to say bye to the rest of the girls. They just kept on hugging and then saying bye. I don't understand how it took so long. When she finally got into my car she leaned her head on my shoulder. We drove in a peaceful silence back to my empty house.

J-"my dads not home right now, so we don't have to hide out in my room." I said with a smile at her very tired self. We walked together into the house, she took off her shoes and sort of skipped to the living room. B-"Horror or Comedy? What are we watching?" She asked with a bright smile, already sitting on the couch when I found her in there. J-"Horror every time." I stated with a smirk, plopping myself on the couch next to her. She focused her attention to the TV, going onto Netflix to find a movie to watch. J-"The Conjuring. A classic." I said watching her press play before putting down the remote and leaning back into the couch. I reached into my pocket and fished out my phone, which had my app to turn off and on certain lights in the house. I went to the living room lights and turned them all off, so the big TV would pop in the darkness of the room.

Betty leaned onto my shoulder a couple minutes into the movie and I could already tell she was gonna fall asleep. I continued watching the movie with her on my shoulder until the first jump scare where she jolted up with a yelp. B-"Ah fuck!" J-"I thought you were asleep already" I chuckled at her reaction to the movie. She sat forward and was staring intently at the screen. B-"No. I was just comfortable." I moved over to the arm of the couch and laid down along the couch. Betty noticed and came and laid down on top of me. Her legs were somewhat straddling me, and her head was against my chest.

Before the movie was over I heard something coming close to us, but I just suspected it to be a noise from the movie. Then out of no where my dad appeared with a gun in his hand ready to shoot. F-"Who the hell are-" he then looked closer and realized it was me and Betty. I tensed with him around her, with what had happened, but I knew he wasn't drunk and he probably wouldn't hurt her. F-"oh, Jughead...and Elizabeth." He muttered her name and slowly put his gun away. F-"I'm going to the office." He stated before going towards his home office. B-"I should probably go home now." She said with a bit of sigh. I grabbed the remote and paused the almost done movie. J-"I'll drive you."

Betty POV

We were in the car and I was watching out the window, the sky getting more pink and yellow as the sun was about to set. I noticed Jug didn't turn at one of the roads back to my house. I looked over to him to see his unfazed expression. B-"Wasn't that the turn?" I asked pointing my thumb to the right. J-"We're making a stop first." He said with a small grin. I was a little confused, but I didn't protest, knowing I wouldn't win a fight with him. A few minutes later he parked the car in the middle of no where.

B-"Where are we?" I asked as he was getting out of the car. He walked around the hood of the car and opened up my door for me. J-"You'll see." B-"You're gonna murder me, aren't you?" I asked sarcastically as I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out. He made us venture through some woods for a few minutes before we ended up in a giant flower field. No one was there and the sun was starting to really set. He pushed me lightly a few more feet forward before deciding we could finally sit down again. I watched the sky in awe. B-"I've never sat to watch the sun set." I confessed, I feel like everyone's done it. J-"Really?" He asked me a little surprised. I just nodded my head and continued to watch the colours dance across the sky.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we looked up at the sky. I think jug was actually just staring at me but I'm too nervous to check. J-"Betts, I have a question."