Part 34

Veronicas POV

As I quietly made my way around the Jones' house, I heard Betty going on and on about one of the guys on the bachelorette. I heard a long sigh and turned around quickly just to see Alice there. A-"Elizabeth shut up." She whispered. Betty stopped for a moment before resuming where she left off, just with less enthusiasm. She stopped again not long after, and there was silence. I could hear a little chatter, but I suspected it to be the tv.

I walked into FP's office and went over to his desk. The top was cleaned off so I went to open one or the drawers but realized they were all locked. V-"shit."
H-"everything okay?" V-"the drawers to his desk are locked." A-"use a knife. Wouldn't be the first time."
V-"oh, right. forgot about that." I grabbed one of the knives I stored on myself and undid the lock with it.

When it opened I saw many Manila folders, and two dark red folders. I picked those up to see our family name on the front of one, and some ball plan on the other. I opened up the first one and saw pictures of us around town, and written our phone conversations between Fp and my mother. V-"mom? What's this about a ball you'll attend with Fp?" I asked reading through the paper with that conversation. H-"I'll explain when we're back home."
A-"I just heard something outside. Grab whatever you can we have to leave." Alice said in a panic.

I grabbed the two red folders and the top two normal ones and closed the drawer. I ran out of the office to see Alice and my mom. I went over to where they were, and we hid behind the chairs in the living room when we heard the door open. We watched Fp walk in, looking messy and walking oddly. When we heard another door close we ran over to the front door. He didn't close it so we easily ran out and over to our car. V-"we can't leave Betty here." I said as Alice started the car. A-"we're gonna have to. See you at home Elizabeth." She said before taking out the ear piece and driving away.

Betty POV

J-"shit that my dad." Jughead said when he heard the front door open. B-"I can just leave now." I said calmly as he stood up and went over to his door.
J-"stay here for a minute." B-"demanding." I said quietly. J-"please." He stated, clearly he heard me though I didn't want him to. He left the room and I sat quietly on my phone. A-"see you at home Elizabeth." I heard my mom say before all the earpieces cut out. B-"damnit they left me here." I took out the earpiece and put it into my pocket, since I wasn't gonna need it anymore.

Jughead walked back into the room, stress very prominent on his face. J-"well he's super drunk right now, so he'll probably be out in a few." B-"is he usually a heavy drinker?" J-"like once a week gets like this, but it's nothing. We can keep watching the show if you want." B-"actually do you mind if I get a glass of water first?" J-"not at all. You know where the kitchen is, glasses are in the last cabinet on the right." He stated sitting down at his desk. I left the room and went to the kitchen.

On the way back to Jugheads room, I ran into Fp. I tensed immediately, and he went and touched my hair. F-"you're very pretty." He slurred out. F-"just like your mother. I miss her body." He continued his hand reached down to my neck and he firmly put his hand around my neck. Not fully choking me, but it was stressing me the hell out. B-"w-what are you doing?" I asked, trying to sound more confident than I was. F-"I want to feel you." He slurred out with a gross smirk on his face. I cringed and wondered how the hell would I get out of this.

I remembered the glass cup in my hand and I threw it at his head, the water soaking him while the glass shattered over his head. He let go of me and I started running to Jugheads room while hearing loud curses come out of FPs mouth. I got into his room and closed and locked the door quickly. J-"woah you okay?" Jughead asked worriedly when he saw the fear and pain in my eyes. He looked down at my neck and it must have been a little red cause his face dropped completely.