Part 22

Betty POV

After school I had gone to pops to get my homework done and have a milkshake. It was around 6:00 when I finished so I packed up my books and then left, leaving cash on the counter for my milkshake. I pulled up to our house and there was music blasting and lots of cars parked nearby. B-"what?" I whispered confused to myself. I walk into the house barely able to hear my thoughts with how loud the music was. V-"B! COME HERE!" Veronica yelled excitedly when she caught my eyes.

I made my way through the crowd over to her and she pulled me into her room. V-"here, just put this on." She said handing me new clothes to wear. I go into her connected bathroom and put on the short, skimpy red dress. I look in the mirror and admire myself. I smiled as I felt like I looked good in this dress.

I walked out to see Veronicas empty room

I walked out to see Veronicas empty room. I sighed and walked back out to the busy living room. I tried looking for Veronica but gave up and made my way to the kitchen. I got in and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. The kitchen was empty and so I felt much less tense. I opened the fridge and got out an ice cold water bottle. I opened up the bottle and took a swig of water before going to walk back to this unplanned party. I wasn't looking and bumped into a hard chest right before the door way to the hall.

B-"oh sorry" I said before a finger was lightly placed under my chin, the hand lifted my head up to look straight into the deep blue eyes of the only person I didn't want to see. I tried pulling myself away but he placed his other hand on my waist to keep me close.
J-"don't run away betty." He said calmly. His smooth voice making me relax more in his arms. B-"what are you doing?" J-"talking. We're friends, no?" my eyes looked down at his chest then back up into his eyes.

B-"no." I saw his jaw twitch and his eyes darken.
J-"no? Then what would you say?" B-"I'd say you're an ass and we hate each other." his lips formed a slight smirk before letting go of me, I didn't move though. J-"off you go bunny." He mocked. I quickly walked past him and went to find Veronica. When I was farther away from the scene that just happened, I looked back to see Jughead looking around the party while leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen.

V-"who are you staring at?" Veronica yelled from behind me making me jump. B-"oh sorry, nobody" I said back to her. V-"ooh, you're in love with Jughead!" She yelled really loud over the crowd.
B-"what? Hell no!" I said back putting my finger against her lip so she'll shut up. I realized how drunk she was and decided to just leave the party. I didn't have anywhere to go, as it was my house, so I walked out the front door and just started walking down the street.