Chapter 63 : Sleepwalking pt 3

Elizabeth Peterson:

"Shimmer, the water's perfect! Come on!" I let out a burst of heartful laughter while my hands and feet tries to keep me afloat in the river. I could see fishes drastically moving away from the force of my kicking feet were made underwater. The water was crystal clear, the light emitted from the sun was warm and the view was breathtaking. All problems and pain disappear and I felt the leaf floating away in peace.

My wolf whined as her paws touches the cold water. "It's cold!" She yelled dissatisfied at the temperature obstacle that's keeping her from joining in and give her body to cool down from the exhausting ran we had earlier. "Just for a little while. You'll get used to it." I swam closer to land to give her a pull that she needs. "Don't come any closer!" Her eyes squinted in doubt as I approached her with a playful glint in my eyes. "I'm just helping you to get a bath." I justified and drew closer.

"Oh, hey Pearl!"

"I'm not falling for that trick!" She blurted out confidently before her head slightly turned to look for a silver-haired woman was there. Then, I abruptly pulled her in and it took a few seconds for her to shriek in surprise at the new sensation and coldness. I laughed again and Pearl joined. "Come join us, Pearl." The woman had forgotten her name when I asked her; the only thing she remembers was the name Pearl which meant something important to her. She smiled warmly when I called her that.

"I'm fine. I think I'll take a walk around her." We were in Pearl Pack before we leaped into Moonlight Pack for a swim. Shimmer finally got used to the temperature and we played and swam until my hands turn pruney and pale from being in the water too long. "Should we go find Pearl?" Shimmer agreed after she shakes her whole body to dry off.

Shimmer led the way while she sniff Pearl's scent, it didn't take long to find her and it was a place I never knew existed here. The building was majestic with two stories, vines climbing their way to the top, and flowers flourishing on the ground with miniature winged insects fluttering around them to get the sweetness dessert. It was simply out of this world.

"Where is this?" I accessed the surrounding, we were still in the Moonlight Pack because the trees, smell and road were familiar. The realization hit me when I pondered back the path we took towards this foreign building. My feet moved on their own and my hands touched the smooth wooden door opened, books and more books greeted me. I was in awe.

"Pearl?" I called out in the empty library. Without her answering my call, somehow, we knew exactly where she was. We found a hidden door right under the stairs headed to the second floor to more volumes and materials for those who seek knowledge. The door wasn't locked, I glanced back to Shimmer before the door flung open. There was a steel staircase spiraling to the top where light is coming thru. With Shimmer's current size, it was impossible to climb the stairs, hence, she shrunk her body before we move up to the light.

The sudden bright light blinded me for a moment before my eyes could focus on the lonely figure standing in the middle of an indoor garden. It felt as if we just teleported into a minuscule greenhouse. The scent coming off from the plants and flowers was refreshing and the greenery scene has this tranquilizing effect on me.

"Where are we?" She chuckled at my confusion. She took hold of my hand to show the view from the very top of the library. The forest was a giant but the pack house was in view and this high, I could hear the voices from the training ground. "A secret place." She winked.

"Did you do all this?" My hands pointed in every direction. "I think so," She looked unsure with sadness flashed in her eyes. A sudden strong wind gusting towards us and then lighting came flashing with a loud thunder drumming in the once cleared sky. From that moment, Pearl suddenly started screaming in pain and fell down to her knees. I was in terror at the unforeseen situation and I knew something big was coming for me.

"Let's get her inside." The trees had a sickening sound from the vigorous wind hitting them. The howling of the wind was in sync with her screams. Something was hurting her but how? I glanced back for the final time to the sky and thunder before closing the trapdoor with a loud click. Her breathing was heavy and she was sweating.

"Pearl," I called once we let her down onto the nearest table. She crawled into a ball and slowly her eyes opened and glanced upwards. Her hands shaking as her finger pointed outside. Soon after, the surrounding started to twist and turn as if it the painter was swirling his brush on the canvas and changing the once white base into a new one. I was feeling sick for the view and clutched the table to help me stand. In my blurry vision, I saw Shimmer falling onto the floor. Then it stopped, Pearl was still in pain and clamping her dress. Her silver hair stuck on her face from the sweat. We were back in the flower field where I first met them both.

But there was a door that I have never seen before. From the gaps, I saw light flashing and the sound of someone yelling - a familiar voice. "Make them stop." Pearl barely held out a whisper. I sighed in relief when I checked on Shimmer and she was still breathing.

Then, I quickly ran to the door.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

If you guys remembered, she once encountered Shimmer and a lady when she fainted. This is them and I'm still using the same emphasis font for each of them so you guys know which is which ^^

Anyway! Finally, it's Elly's POV and we got to see a glimpse of what's happening during her coma. I'm so happy for being able to write about Elly's relationship with her wolf.