Chapter 74: I am your daughter

Elizabeth Peterson:

"I don't even know if you're just born unlucky or has someone cursed you to be this unlucky." Ted handed me a hot mug of hot chocolate. We were sitting in the lounge room at the pack's house after Ted came with reinforcement and was able to stop Kyle from killing me. I shivered at the thought of what could happen if they were late for a few more seconds.

"I was just born with an unlucky mate but now he can't touch me anymore especially when I have my family and friends beside me." I gave him a hug to smitten myself out of hearing his nagging. I was glad that everyone was safe and unharmed except for a few cuts from the glass. Well, not everyone, Hunter was knocked pretty badly but luckily he's a werewolf.

Mom and the twins were in my room, resting while dad and Sammy accompanied Kayla with her Alpha business, both of the men were brought in as witness to the sudden attack and had to testify about what happened to me. I wasn't being called yet but soon it was my turn to tell my side of the story.

I glanced at the person standing still as a statue near the window with his back to us. "Who exactly is he?" Ted told me that he was the one who knocked down Kyle and fix my broken bones and maybe other stuff as well.

"Oh, him. Just your cat." He took a bite of the cookies that he found in the kitchen. I ignore Ted's ridiculous answer and kept staring a hole into him. He looks old but young, was what I've thought. He has the same aura as Dr. Matthew. From what he did to me, I knew that he's a witch.

Gwen then entered the room and walked towards him, she shyly glanced at Ted before saying something to him. He nodded and walked out but before he could take a step further, I was right in front of him. "Sorry," I apologized for suddenly stopping him.

"But, who are you, and what's going on?" I looked back at Gwen as well. He smiled and replied with a hand gesture that told me to follow him. Gwen grabbed Ted and dragged him along. "I'm coming." He grumbled but didn't mind her hand holding his. A grin escaped my lips when I see these two were hitting it off.

We were back in the hospital, it was slightly wrecked - probably from when Kyle tried to find me. He entered a room and I was flustered to see Alpha Chris lying on the bed. Bruises and cuts on his sunken face. I no longer felt intimidated or even sense any power extruding from him when he's like this. I felt sorry for him for living his life like this for what his father did but that was it. He could've changed his fate but choose to go along.

"Apparently, my mom is his former mate and Eloise is his daughter." Ted summarize their family drama without batting an eye. "The curse was supposed to kill her but Os here helped us." He pointed to the mysterious man. So, his name is Os and he's a witch. 

I stood behind Ted and hid from Alpha Chris if he was still fit to be called a leader. "Susan? Is that really you?" His voice soar and broke as he watch in bewilderment at his long-lost mate. "Yes, it's me. I would like to ask, how are you doing but seeing you like this. I'll save the question for another time." She spoke coldly.

"I only came here because I was dragged here. Your son really did quite a number on the pack." She commented. "I could see, he resembled you in and out." Ted hissed and smiled at his mother's savage remark.

"That's all I have to say to you. Eloise." She moved aside so he could properly see her. "Hi, um.. I don't know how to start but I'm your daughter." She awkwardly said and peek at her mother for help. "What?" He was confused. 

"I was pregnant when you rejected me. I almost lost her but thankfully my beloved husband help me." She explained while pressing about her happy married life. "How? The curse-" 

"That's where I come in and explain." Os finally let out a sound and took a seat beside him. "May I?" Chris, baffled, nodded and Os took his hand. Without saying much, I saw something forming. "Just as I expected. It was really her." He chuckled and then gave a cold gaze towards Chris.

"Anyway, you must be dying to know about your daughter, alive and healthy." He revealed that after Susan gave birth to Eloise. There was something vile trying to consume her but luckily he was able to remove it from her and soon she was able to live because she was able to share a wolf with her brother, I turned my attention to Ted and he just gave me a smile.

"This curse is the proof of your father's sins."

"You're father, blinded by greed and jealousy, killed innocent people and one of them was a witch. A witch that would do anything to protect her precious people and child. She cursed your bloodline with her life and now it has finally shown its power. Your son was just a small fraction of what the curse could do."

"Did you know, if I reveal this to the Witch community, it could bring nothing but war and I'll tell you that you won't stand a chance because no wolf would help you." He forewarned. "But thankfully, the family involved chose to deal with this themselves." He shrugged as if he didn't just say something frightening.

"Oh, I must have babbled too much. I'm sorry Eloise, I'll leave you with your father." As he was approaching the door, he glanced at me briefly and I knew exactly what he wanted me to do.

"I just wanted to come here to see what you look like and nothing more because I already have everything I need at home." Eloise informed him that his presence wasn't needed.