Chapter 66 : In a box

Finally, a chapter in Emma's point of view  \|^_^|/ 

Emma Silver:

My body was shivering on the hard cold floor, a cold breeze blew and I could no longer continue with my slumber. It took some time for my eyes to adjust to my surrounding that was dimly lit. A single thin cloth that couldn't even be considered as a blanket fell off my body. Sleeping on the cemented floor without proper bedding or even a cover, make everything ache and I felt sluggish.

My blood drained from my body as I understood where I was in. Metal bars separate me from my freedom and the floor was my bed for god knows when. My body trembled even more at the cold in my damp clothes. My eyes search for anything that can make a pit for my heat source but there was nothing useful except for the rag.

"Hello," I called out from my rasping voice, hoping for a little decent kindness from anyone but no one responded. I called again and again but to no avail. I clutch my baby to protect him from the cold. "Mommy will keep you safe." I rubbed my tummy.

Time passed by and I don't remember how many days has it been, the fever was getting worse and my hope to survive for the baby was getting chipped with as I wait. The guards would send me food and water twice a day but nothing more until a friend came that warmed my heart and gave me the motivation to live and fight.

"There's a blanket, a set of clothes, and something you thanked me for." She smiled to comfort me but her tears gave it away. "Hang in there, Em. I'll get you out." She choked on her words and I took her hand. The warmth from other humans felt foreign from the constant isolation. "What about Nate?" I asked, praying to hear good news. Her face looked stunned at my question and her mouth gaped as if it was hard for her to answer. "Emma, listen to me-" Now, my hands were in hers and she squeezed them hard. "Emma, Nate's gone." I stared into her eyes to understand what she had said but my mind was in a jumble. "I don't understand."

"Emma, he's gone. Nate - he died that night they found you. He was badly injured." She tried to explain and repeatedly told me he was gone. I snatched my hand away and looked at her in anger and disbelief. "You're lying," I shouted. "You're just trying to separate us both! Just like his family!" I was furious, my blood boiling.

"Emma, please!" She tried to reach my hands but I went further into the cell. They think they can keep me in here and keep us apart! "All of you can never contain me! I'm a witch and no walls are strong enough to keep me in or out!" I wailed and I felt a surge of magic flowing in me. It was the first time I felt this powerful after being locked inside her.

"EMMA! LOOK AT ME!" She yelled in desperation. "PLEASE! Look at me." Deafening her voice, I felt the heat from my magic getting bigger in my hands before I attacked the wall. Lacey fell down from the force. However, the wall didn't break.

"How-" I tried again until I felt the energy seep out from my body and I was getting dizzy. Everything was turning and the hard floor captured my fall. "EMMA!" I heard her yelling and asking for help. "He's gone." A tear ran down to the cold floor as I closed my eyes. "SHE'S BLEEDING!"