Chapter 65 : Sleepwalking pt 5

Elizabeth Peterson:

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Gwen in front of me with worried eyes that soon shifted to a surprise. "Elly-" I heard the shrieking voice and it reminded me of what I was here for. I scurry my feet towards the familiar stature and hair colour. "STOP!" I yelled with all my heart at what he was doing to that thing. In my heart, I knew we weren't supposed to attack it. That thing was someone I knew - someone I was once afraid of.

I grasped his hand and seized the sword with all my might. He was flabbergasted to fight back once he saw me. "Elly-" I glanced at the black murky thing that was trying to reshape itself and I saw the teardrop heart. "Pearl?" I called out. The memory of being hunted by the dark figure came back again and the headache returned. "Trust me." Pearl's voiced was inside my head and she kept repeating the same thing.

"Elizabeth, trust me and don't fight it." She whispered right in my ear. "Elly," Gwen was standing right next to Hunter and the resemblance was clear - I know who he was. "You're glowing." She voiced out in amazement. The pain was residing as I let my mind flow free and soon it turn into a cold breeze - I felt lighter and I had my memories back.

"You-" I pointed my finger to him, everything was clear as day now. "You're a witch." I was disappointed at his lies and what he did. "You came into my room and you erased my memories!"

"I trusted him." I crossed my hand over my chest as if to protect myself from the ugly truth. "I looked up to you. I laughed with you." My eyes became blurry. "I trusted you-" My voice choked from the tears.

"Elly-" His voice broke and now, he was on his knees - defeated. "I'm so sorry, Elly. I never knew you would be this hurt with what I've done. I was wrong! I'm so ashamed of myself, Elly." He sobbed and I felt miserable at finding that my most reliable and dearest teacher was a liar and the one who tried to hurt me. "I had to do it." He confessed. "My father had to do it." He added.

''We owed them our lives for letting us live." The sins of being alive were their curse, it was clear as his shoulders slumped and his head plunge down. "But I won't help them anymore. I'll undo what spells I have done and shed light on all their sins." His voice held determination and slowly his head rose. We locked our eyes, "I know you won't forgive me but I'll use everything I have to make everything right and remove you from your pain."

"Trust me, the pain from forgetting is nothing compared to the pain from knowing what someone I trusted and loved did to me. You and Kyle are just the same - blood runs deeper than I thought." I said calmly and picked the sword.

"Elly-" Gwen looked worried and Hunter kept a still expression but in his eyes, it was plainly obvious he knew he deserved it. "I'm not planning to kill you right now." I grasped the weapon in my hands and went towards the shadow that was now weak and kept mumbling. I moved my hand from the handle to the sharp metal, my blood staining the sword. I heard protest from Gwen as my bloody hand reached the shadow. "It's been saying blood," I told them and it seemed obvious that it wanted blood.

I can feel my blood sucked but then it pushed my hand away in disgust. I was confused until I followed its eyes. She was staring at Hunter still in his surrendered pose. "But not mine." I went towards Hunter and gave him the sword. "She wants yours." He was hesitant but exposed his palm for me to cut it. She went wild at the smell of his blood. His feet dragging as he heads towards her. "Don't worry, she won't bite." I joked but Gwen seemed dissatisfied with my attitude. "What?" She rolled her eyes - I was just trying to be a jerk to the one who had hurt me.

As soon as she tasted his blood, a gust blew and soon she was surrounded by a blue shining liquid - enveloping her whole monstrous body. He quickly stepped back with a puzzlement expression. "I think it's time to meet your real family." I touched his shoulder as we wait for her to transform.