Chapter 81: Leaving with a smile

Elizabeth Peterson:

Somehow the scene in front of me appeared brighter but there's something weighing me down - a dissatisfaction.

"Its a good day to be punished." Sophia took a deep breath before letting out a big whiff of air after letting her lungs expand to fill in valuable components to collect what's needed to survive and storing the feels in her mind for this story to be retold of how her sister defeated the evil monster.

"I need to go somewhere. Give me half an hour or just call me when we're leaving." I notified them before turning back to the room. The scene, feelings and stare still fresh; each step taken brought back what happened a few minutes ago. My lips curled slightly as my fingers brushed onto the seat of where the convicted sat. Head down, the opposite of the first time I've met him. Now, is the last time I'm seeing them.

"Kayla!" I called out her name as soon as I saw her chatting with the other board members. "Elly, what are you doing here?" She left them and went towards me with worried eyes. As if I was a small child.

"I need to see him," I breathed out. My heart pumping loudly at what I was going to do. "I need to see Kyle for the last time," I added as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why-"

"I want to see him while he listened to his consequences. I want to know that he knows what he did was wrong and his going to get what he's asking for." Kayla glanced to the other Alphas and they nodded; giving me permission.

"Okay but be warn that he looks absolutely horrible and he smells too. And I don't want you to feel disappointed if he doesn't respond like you wanted him to," they did explained that it was imposibble to bring him back to normal but I need to let out this disatisfaction somehow.

It didn't take long until I could smell somethig rancid and a few steps forward, it growls; aware someone was walking towards it.

"Kyle Walters." A loud voice boomed into the barren prison, echoing to every conner; trying to find an escape. Kyle only responded with a loud scream as if that was the only thing he is capable of. It's funny how something so mindful of everything becomes nothing less than a vacuous organism.

"We are here to read out your punishment despite your current situation." A representative of the board spoke without batting an eye towards the beast.

"The reason we are telling this to him is because even if physically he looks like this. Os explained that his human might still be conscience of what is happening - he just got kicked out from controlling the body." She clarified but added that she was as confused as I am about how this curse works even after Os explained word by word to her. We chuckled but quickly stop when a few eyes turned to us.

"You are going to be given a potion on a daily basis. This will weaken your wolf from going on a rampage," he pull out a small bottle which looked plain and like normal water. "Your title will be removed. Your family and you will be considered rogues hence no pack are allowed to accept you."

"Lastly, you will face death if you are considered a threat such as going on a rampage. Small accidents will be punished by whip."

Digesting liquid regularly that could incapacitate you, isolating a species that lives to socialize, whipped if misbehave and punished by death; that's a long list but maybe we can add a few things.

I walked towards the animal cage that was cramping him due to his size. "I came here with hope and dreams, you murdered them with your own hands, you lied to soothen the pain before reopening them while smiling. Now, it's my turn to smile while you suffer alone in this rotting place. I won't care about what will happen to you; dead or alive, this news will not reach my ear or my mind as my hair runs free in the wind or when my eyes blinded by the sun. But there's one thing I pray for you," My closed my eyes as I savoured this moment.

It only takes a few step to a new life - a happy one. At the same time, he can only dream of these steps as he chained and caged.

"I will pray that you would get better. I will pray everyday that you can win back your human-self so you can pay the price fully and I hope you'll lose your voice from screaming and pleading for them to stop," just like how I begged you to choose me or how I yelled in my pillow, alone, from the pain you've caused while you were having fun with Violet.

"Thank you for your hard work but if you don't mind, it's just a suggestion," they nodded to let me continue.

"I suffered brutal headaches from Christopher Walter's manipulation. If it's not too troubling, can you add a few headaches in his list." I grinned innocently and I could see a few was considering it.

Kayla and I ambled out towards our family. "Done?" My lips smiled from ear to ear and nodded.

"Elly!" A pregnant-friend of mine yelled out my name. She was rushing over but at a slower and smaller pace while Ted and Gwen followed behind. "You weren't thinking of leaving without letting me say goodbye, were you? Because if you did, I would literally hunt you down." She squeezed my shoulders before pulling me for a hug.

"Of course not. My friends are important as my family. You've been my rock and I wouldn't have survive without you guys," Maya's eyes started tearing up and so was mine. "I love you too," Gwen joined the hug and soon after Ted as well. "Come in here, big guy! You're part of this group as any of them, you know." Ted took hold of Jack's hand and dragged him in. We laughed at the pressure of each of us were giving and how hot it was becoming but no one was letting go.

"I'm going to miss you and this little bud here," I lowered myself as I talked to the seed still growing inside Maya. "I'm making you and Gwen his godmothers so you'll be seeing him a lot." My eyes wide at the sudden news and my body shot up instantly, the couple chuckled. "Are you serious?" She nodded and said, "You guys are my best friends, of course, I'm giving half the nursing responsibility to you."

We hugged one last time and Maya kept on reminding me of the baby bash party that was going to be soon. I was ready to climbed in the car when a familiar voice suddenly stopped me. "I can't believe you were leaving without seeing us," I turned around and choked on my tears.