Chapter 31: Somewhere in between

(Today's song is "You don't know" nightcore by Chino! This is ome of my emo days song so bear with the mention of depression and dark shiz. Anyway, let's goooooo!

Also, forgive the first to third person transitions. I'm just so into it today.)

~2 years later~

Third Person's POV

"Don't stop! Keep hitting that same spot for the rest of the week until you get it fucking right!"

Shouted Asuga as she whipped the ground with an ice whip so hard that the ice cracked beneath her.

Despite being in a middle of a frozen ocean, the three sweated hard due the pressure and the possible new punishment that their mother will give.

To give context, I'll give you a little run back.

As soon as Akali settled inside the Yuki household, they started training. Akali thought she was going to encounter easy spars and pointers, but she was never expecting slavery. Every time she asked the two "was she always like this?" They only answered "it's tough love." And just because of that love, she doesn't even have time to get into ID create. She can't risk being tired after a full clear and then going through rigorous training, her everything can't handle it.

So with the little 1 hour break that they have, she goes inside the ID create to clear a couple of levels and acquire a few rare class items, and then straight up sleep.

"Your mom is the Gordon Ramsay of early century military. Heck- she still uses a god damn whip for fucks sake!"

"It's nice tho. She's making me so strong, I'm grateful."

It's true. Now that she has the step by step and knows the excruciating pain of going back to the basic attacks and perfecting it, she gained a new attribute. Not a skill, but a whole new mini system. In fact, all three of them have.

It's called [Evolution]. Every time they max out their skills, instead of wasting runes to upgrade it to the next level, it comes for free. It also comes with a passive called [Stack] meaning every three basic attacks that they give to an opponent, the fourth will have a critical rate of 300% of their original attack power. Pretty cool? I think so too.

But that was never acquired from a small punch or a kick, but through thousands and thousands of attacks on an ice totem that never once got broken. Dented, yes. But far from falling apart.

It only proves how much stronger Asuga's ice were, and the three are adamant on learning it no matter what.

"I don't see your fucking progress! Where's the power huh?! Hit it stronger! Destroy it!!"

Shouted their mother as they struggled to stand on the breaking ice, meanwhile the said woman was sitting comfortably, mounted on a pure white wolf in a big chunk of ice.

"Hai okaa-sama!"

Said the three simultaneously. Akali hit the ice totem with her fists and kicks, Daiki sliced with his sword, and Nao striked agile with his dagger.