Chapter 9: First day of school, first enemy.

(Hey ya'll!! Thanks for all the support you guys are giving!! We're almost 400 reads now!! Also, thank you very much to Mangacerine1 for supporting and voting for every chapter, I am so touched! It seriously warms my heart to know that you guys still read this book. So without further explanation, I present you this chapter!!

Also, the song for today is Love Dramatic by Masayuki Suzuki!! I'm kinda addicted to his songs now...but yeah! Enjoy!!)

Akali's POV

"Up in a tree~ little old me~♫︎♫︎"

I hummed as my arms acted as support for my head, my fingers intertwining at the back of my neck whilst I walk and whistle. Why am I in a really good mood? Well, I guess because academy starts tomorrow and academy means I'll be a full fledged ninja, and then I'm gonna get my hands onto valuable information in the library!! Quite the big commitment, but still worth it since Konoha has it all! Well mostly all, but I won't complain.

When my arms got numb, I let them down and just played with the card I have in hand. I merged my whole deck so it'll appear as if it's only one, slipping past my fingers and twirling onto my palms.

 I merged my whole deck so it'll appear as if it's only one, slipping past my fingers and twirling onto my palms

(I'm amazed myself........)

For the past month, I've done nothing but train with the cards that Suzaku's father, Takeshi-ji chan gave me. Though he didn't make me pay for it, I compensated by giving him a one hour visit everyday. Old man's gotta have some company right?

I was also researching on what I could do to the cards rather than just throw them or use them like it's just kunai, but fancier.

I wanted to trick my opponent into thinking that what I'm holding is just a useless deck of cards, so the deck's front is always the normal face of cards. You know, aces queens, kings, jacks, cloves, spades, hearts diamonds? Just the usual stuff.

When I first tried to use their power, I call it mirror, I invited Kakashi and Gai to play poker with me. At first, I lost on purpose. But the rest of the game, I switched their cards for me to always have the Royal flush. When I got it by coincidence, I performed the Gilbreath shuffle. It's the kind of shuffle that makes your hand always come back to you, so I didn't even have to use tricks on that one.

(It's the shuffle that Runa Yomotsuki used in Kakegurui, if you dunno that anime, I suggest you watch it.ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ)

They got suspicious of course, but they said nothing as we finished 16 games before they finally confronted me. Boy oh boy their face was hilarious when they heard that it's my new weapon! Gai of course said it was youthful, but I shouldn't be cheating. Pft. I'm not Jabami Yumeko to win every game, and my luck is already bad. It's only fair no? HAHAHHAHAHA