One hell of a ride

one month earlier

"So wait," Andy raised both her hands in the air laughing and turned towards both her best friend and her wife "your two months old daughter basically witnesses all of your make out and sex sessions now?"

Maya and Carina followed along, laughing out loud in the beanery as they waited for Travis' lunch to be ready.
Maya was on shift, terribly missing her little girl, so Carina decided to stop by the station on their way home from the morning walk. She had already fed the baby who was silently sleeping in her stroller with her tiny hands closed in fists next to her own head.
Vic was bend over her smiling and moving a finger in front of her even though Joy was sound asleep.

"Alright, in my defence I can say that she is a very good sleeper, no way to wake her up if she's in her crib. And Carina can be pretty quiet when necessary..." The blonde spoke teasingly leaning her head towards Carina's ear laughing.

"Yeah no we don't wanna hear that." Andy joked pulling her hands on her ears as everyone else did.

It was true in fact, that the couple could enjoy some intimacy during the night now that they had to worry only about Maya's shifts since Carina was on maternity leave.
And the little girl, who slept in the crib next to their bed would in fact witness, but not that she would complain.

Plus for the blonde now, coming home from her shift was the best moment of each day.
Usually Leslie would be in the living room doing her homeworks on the cold floor next to Joy who would probably be leaning on the blanket toy that Uncle Dean had given her.
And she could hear the giggles of the older girl playing with the little one.
And then Carina was surely somewhere between the rooms and the kitchen, attent to her wife's come back and kissing her as soon as she would walk in, probably exhausted but still extremely happy.

And that was the best feeling ever.

"Lunch ready!" Travis announced taking the pot from the handles and walking around the counter to the table.

"Carina, I know this won't be as good as yours, but I tried some pasta." He chuckled a little and everybody groaned something towards him that sounded like a loud complain about how Carina's cooking was absolutely untouchable.

"I won't judge Travis, I promise." She laughed along and reached her hand towards the plate he was giving her. Then she took a fork to take one bite of the pasta and let out a little smile frowning her brows and chewing slowly. Maya knew very well what that expression meant, but the silence in the room made her understand that nobody else had caught it, so she chuckled and waited for Carina to give her own judgment out loud.

"Well there's...room for improvement." She softly spoke towards Travis smiling as everyone burst into laughter.

"It's a kind and respectful way to say your pasta tastes like gum." Vic joked making them burst into laughter once again.

As soon as everyone's plates were emptied, the baby started crying in the stroller and Carina immediately stood up to grab her. She made her hands slide under her little body and raised her placing her head on her shoulder, tapping softly and bouncing her to soothe her.

Maya stood up right after and with her left hand pulled away Carina's hair from under the face of the little girl, smiling.

"I think I love it." Travis broke the soft silence that had created and both women turned around towards him laughing.

A few moments later, as they were all cleaning the beanery after lunch, they heard the front door open and Vic popped her head out as Leslie was making her way upstairs.
As soon as she walked in everyone cheered a little laughing.