Little bean

"It says that you have to put these screws in the holes on the right..." Carina had been trying to read the instruction's manual flipping it up and down to understand the sides.

"There aren't any holes on the right side Carina. You're looking at it the wrong way round." Maya laughed stealing the papers from her wife's hands.

They had been trying to build the crib in the guest room for the past three hours. Maya tried more than once to make her wife sit still to just look at her doing it but the brunette wanted to absolutely participate actively.

So Maya came up with the idea of making her read each line of the instruction's manual to keep her busy making her think that there was nothing more important than that.
But Carina was miserably failing. They had built the right side on the left one and Maya had to dissamble everything and start again from the beginning.

They were only two months along with the pregnancy but Carina insisted that building it sooner was way better than finding themselves with a baby and no bed.

Maya agreed to not piss her off. In fact recently, the collater effects of the pregnancy were making Carina pretty irritable, and Maya didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Earlier that week they had been taking a walk along the river on their day off miracolously coincident.
Carina was eating an italian gelato that she demanded to have because she was 'carrying and infant and needed stregth'.

It made Maya laugh so hard knowing that the fetus was less then one inch long.

God forbid she did! Carina turned towards her wife and started to almost yell at her speaking unknown words in italian that involved something like commitment and weights, hospital beds and probably Lady Gaga even though the blonde was pretty sure she misunderstood that part.

From then on she did her best to make sure Carina would have anything she wanted, including the biggest jars of gelato.

Two days before Carina decided they had to tell the station about the baby cause she was feeling totally fine and wasn't much worried anymore, but actually pretty excited.

So they went to the station before the beginning of the shift and before everybody would run to the beanery to have breakfast they placed a t-shirt for each firefighter with their names and the title of aunt or uncle they would have had from then on.

It was already something similar with Pru but the fact that it was actually their kid and nobody else was involved, except for the unknown sperm doner, made it feel like a new family member was on it's way.

Once they had placed the t-shirts they got dressed with their own saying 'Mamma to be' for Carina and 'Mommy to be' for Maya.

Andy would eventually distract the others outside of the station waiting for Maya's text saying they were ready.

Once they entered and saw all the t-shirts, everyone screamed and cheered towards the couple before getting dressed with their gift.

Aunt Vic and Uncle Travis took a few picture of each other with their new clothing items and then everyone had a few with the soon to be moms.

Once they went back home Carina was sound asleep and Maya had to carry her upstairs and into bed with the same comfy clothes she wore the whole day.

"Ok but if you look at the picture the holes are on the right!" Carina repeated pointing to the drawings on the manual.
She remembered that when she was five she had a two days long fight with her brother because he was claiming that left was actually right and right was left. And it took Carina close to fourty hours to convince him otherwise.