On the road

one month and a half earlier

"What?" Maya said as soon as she realized her wife's gaze on her. It was a frowning look that the blonde couldn't decipher.

"I think I'm about to throw up." Carina stated placing a hand on her mouth to prevent that from happening yet.

"Oh. Well, bathroom. Now." Maya pointed towards her bunk standing up to lead Carina inside.

The brunette knelt down in front of the toilet to empty the content of her stomach that weren't already too many.

Four months and a half into pregnancy and Carina was feeling a lot worse than she felt with the first one. Morning sickness was almost unbearable and she wasn't grumpy all the time but a little too emotional. A few days prior they watched Bambi and she was sobbing so hard that she eventually cried herself to sleep.

Sometimes it made the blonde laugh a little but eventually she would go all soft and hug her tight 'till it was over.
Leslie on the other hand was doing literally anything for Carina. She would bring her shakes, give her cuddles and she would talk to the 'baby in the belly' as she liked to call it.

Maya knelt down behind her wife to soothe her caressing her back and then helped her back up towards the bed, where in a few instant the italian fell asleep.

The Captain remained next to her for a while thinking about what brought them to that exact moment in their life.
Maybe if just one thing had gone differently none of it would have happened.
But she felt so in love with the woman lying next to her that the thoughts flew away immediately as soon as the alarm went off for the team to go out on call.

Present time

Maya let her body fall on the side a little sweaty and breathing fast.

"That was -" Carina spoke first.

"Phenomenal." The blonde finished moving her right hand to her forehead to wipe away the sweat.

"But still we shouldn't do it that often. It just kills me." Maya continued a few seconds later groaning right after.

"But somehow you always love it." Carina chuckled standing up to go to the bathroom.

Maya grabbed her wrist and dragged her back on the bed.

"See? You're never over it." The italian teased her wife leaning towards her.

Maya laughed and held her hand on her wife's growing belly wispering things that Carina didn't even manage to hear, mesmerized by her wife's affection.

"Do you think our girls will eventually leave the house and never come back for how loud we are?" Maya teased before bursting into a laughter.

"Well I actually think that Leslie probably already did but we always manage to convince her to come back." The italian laughed knowing how loud it could get between them.

"But at least the little one will be used to it."

They both laughed while Carina finally stood up to go to get washed and changed.

"I'm gonna go bring Leslie to school. You'll be already out by then?" The brunette asked from inside the bathroom towards her wife.

Maya turned to give a look at the alarm. 7:54.

"Well I'm already late so yeah I'll be gone by then." She spoke standing to get changed to go to work.

Carina was finally on maternity leave for two weeks, ten more to go, due date December 3rd.
Having her home meant always good italian food waiting after shift, good italian sex on her time off and lazy nights on the couch watching movies together like a family.
And the three of them couldn't wish for more.