1

⚠️Warning for this entire story- Psychotic/Insane Kakashi. This story includes some content that may make readers uncomfortable.
Enjoy!  I lysm <33 💗

The mornings had changed since you had decided to take a break from being a therapist, they were more peaceful, less rushed. You didn't wake up worried that today you'd have to practice an appointment with the peculiar man who couldn't stop hearing seagulls for months on end, or the boy who had a terrible family relationship and scars all over his body and so on. Instead, you woke up to birds chirping silently, along with a serene captivating orange sunrise, the start of a beautiful day.

You got up out of bed, drinking a glass of water to clear your system, then brushing your teeth to get rid of bacteria accumulated during the
. Wanting to stay fresh and neat, you did your bed, tidying your room and every nook and cranny till you were satisfied.
As usual, striving for perfection in everything you did, having gotten so used to the abnormal people whose problems you constantly tried to solve, you tried your best to maintain yourself in the best way possible.

Everything you did would be considered perfect, or a lot of thought would go into it, except for socializing. Your weakness, sure you could be kind to people, but you weren't able to communicate with them properly, being somewhat socially awkward yourself. That was the main reason you had taken a break from pursuing that career, what's the point of a therapist that is asocial around others, when the job has a lot to do with the opposite? You had to be good with people, and you just weren't ready for that. The only person you were good at communicating with was him...
Iruka.

-

You were all ready now, looking as pretty as you possibly can, just so you could wait for breaktime to come around and then say hi to Iruka. You smiled to yourself, that clueless man, he would never understand the amount of time you would spend trying to talk to him, trying to get his attention.

Not the attention he gave you, you wanted his affection. He never seemed to understand how important he was, that he was the only man you didn't stutter with, one that made your face heat up. Well... there were a few other guys around Konoha that could make your face heat up, they could get any woman they desired, but you didn't want them. They weren't special, Iruka's soul was pure.

You walked out of the house with a slight bounce in your step, your body jittering with excitement on the inside. The excitement slowly faded by the time you walked through the streets to the academy from all the shameless stares you received from most men, yuck! You ended up putting on a jacket by the time you arrived to the stairs, reaching your best friend's class. "Iruka!" You squealed rushing inside and hugging the exhausted sensei behind his desk. "Y/n!" He was just as happy to see you, knowing how eager you always were to help him set up for the next class and talk, it was always a therapeutic experience having you around.

"The kids are so energetic as always." He huffed after a few minutes, annoyed. "And they always interrupt me, how do they not understand I'm their sensei!" You laughed, knowing very well that deep down in Irukas heart, he loved his students to the moon and back. They were a secondary family to him. It reminded you of that time you visited his house not too long ago, it was so bare, so lonely. He needed family or someone like you, well at least you hoped he did, you tried to ignore the butterflies pooling in your stomach from the cute image you formed with him in your head.

"Sounds like a stressful day as always." You giggled. "Let's clean this mess up shall we? A clear classroom a clear mind." Iruka looked around the mess the kids left behind when rushing to go and play during break time, widening his eyes slightly. "Y-yes let's do that!" You giggled at him again, god why couldn't he realize that you liked him and that he was the only person you were this confident around!

You winced from the screeching noise as you moved some of the desks, picking up crumpled papers, dropped ninja tools and misplaced scrolls. You literally had to get down on your knees analyzing the floor like Iruka to reach most items. Iruka then stood right in front of you, his shoes directly in your view, which made you laugh again looking up at him. "You've finished before me-
- oh, wait, you aren't Iruka..." You blinked a few times, realizing the person towering above you whilst you held your ridiculous position on all fours, was Kakashi Hatake.

In the blink of an eye you sprang up, standing up a bit embarrassed, you cleared your throat. "Umm, Iruka, someone's here for you...?" From across the room, he sprang up in a similar fashion, scratching his head nervously. "Hey Kakashi, what brings you here...

You exited the room quietly, letting them talk about what students they would take on, or the change in grading system. Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with you so you gave them some space. It felt slightly embarrassing that someone had caught you trying to kiss up to Iruka, but you had to brush it off, deciding to go home. You could tell him tomorrow that you didn't want to disturb him and Kakashi so you had left.

Damn Kakashi, for ruining your time with your long time crush, you sighed. You scolded yourself and calmed down when you realized he had done literally nothing wrong. Deciding to cheer yourself up, you decided to go to get some ichiraku ramen, takeaway of course, feeling more comfortable with the idea of eating all cozy and alone in the comfort of your home.

Then it happened the next day, Kakashi interrupting your time with Iruka. Then the next and the next. He always seemed to want something out of Iruka. Either an attendance report, students and their test results, students he could potentially train. It felt like it was all a sign to stop coming to Irukas workplace and annoying him when he had important things to discuss with other teachers.

Your heart felt heavy as you left the classroom on the fifth day that week, flushed red from embarrassment... Kakashi probably realized by now that you were a complete sucker for your forever oblivious best friend.
You should stop pursuing something that won't benefit you at all, I mean, Iruka wouldn't understand even if you confessed your feelings to his face! You shook your head to yourself sadly, back slouched as you walked out of the classroom.

-

Why did she spend so much time with Iruka? The man's still a chunnin, and personality wise... well, Kakashi had to admit Iruka was one of the sweetest people ever, he just didn't understand how he was the only one who had Y/n's complete and undivided attention.

It made little to no sense to him that such a cute perfectionist would become so infatuated with... Iruka? She showed a complete different side of her to him, a side that Kakashi desperately wished she could show him, but she wouldn't even barely acknowledge his presence for even a millisecond. That wasn't too much of a problem, what really ticked him off was how clueless Iruka was, if he didn't realize what he was missing out on, Kakashi would gladly pursue her himself.

He nervously put his make out tactics book into his pouch, taking in a deep breath and walking up to her before she could exit the school.

"Y/n?"
She spun around.