Chapter 27

{jax's POV}

After speaking to ember for a while I was ok to go downstairs to the dinner, just to see what the whole engagement plan was and maybe they won't accept it...I'm not sure.

I go down to the dinner hall and take a seat whilst one of the maid bring me a plate
My dad and mum both look at me in surprise as I sit down.
My dad especially.

My dad clears his throat and decides to Introduce me to the guests.
"This is my son jaxton" the woman and man sitting infront of me both look at me and smile.
"Your son is a very attractive young man" the woman says and looks at ember with a smile who was sitting next to them.
I roll my eyes and start to eat my food.
"Erm...jax is a very smart, he's actually the one who leads on my business the most" my dad puts his hands together and looks at me.

He was lying..once again.

I barely even control his business, everything is all him.
"Yeah right" I say under my breath and everyone's face turns to me.

"Did you say something jax?" My dad looks at me with laser eyes as if he's ready to skin me alive.
I stand up and leave, I can't be asked for any of this bullshit.
I don't even know why I came downstairs in the first place.

I go up to my room and a few minutes later there was a knock on my door.
"What?" I say as I look out from the window.

"Can I come in"
It was ember.

I open the door and look at her, she had a crooked smile on her face as if she was here to comfort me.
"Hey...you okay?" I open the door for her to come into the room.
She sits on one of the single chairs and looks at me.
"Yeah" I say and go back to looking out the window.

I was thinking of all the ways Daisy would react if she knew a girl who is my fiancé to be is in my room. I could already vision her killing me.

There was a brief silence and I could hear her uncomfortableness.
So I decide to break the silence.
"Are you happy getting married to someone you barely know?" She sighs then ruffles with her nails.
"Honestly no..I would prefer marrying someone I actually love, but I guess we're friends now so it don't need to be awkward"
She chuckles and looks at me.
Her face slowly goes down
"So do you have anyone in your life?" She asks me and I nod

"Yeah..You?" She shakes her head
"Nope..being rich makes guys think they can treat me good but then shit once they get their fair share of money" she crosses her legs and chuckles uncomfortably

"I never had that problem with the girls I've been with" I say truthfully

"so what makes the girl your with so special?" she asks boldly.

I could name a bunch of reasons why I'm with daisy and I wouldn't regret going all day about it. "she's the reason I wakeup happy every morning, the reason I smile a lot, the reason why I want to be a better man, the reason why I believe there's humanity in this world. she's everything I want in a girl and if it means running away or going homeless for her I would do it"

embers face drops in shock and sadness but also in awe. "I've never met a guy that was this descriptive about love..I wish all men were like you"

I smile and look back at my window looking out to the view. "she is love"