"I can sleep on the couch."

"No, I'm not sleeping now, make yourself comfortable." Taehyung softly said while lying on the couch, keeping his eyes on the ceiling.

"I- I didn't mean to break my promise to never cross our paths, it's just- they asked me with so much hope and I couldn't deny it." Jungkook started, feeling the need to explain his presence.

"Thank you, for not denying that." The answer made him look aside to see the brunet who was still staring at the ceiling.

He is not mad.

"Good night, Mr. Jeon," Taehyung mumbled and closed his eyes but Jungkook was just staring at him. How much he wanted to have the other near himself, on the same bed, sharing his warmth, but he also knew better that it wasn't possible.

"Good night."

Tae.

He couldn't say it louder, just couldn't.

After lying for more than an hour, Taehyung groaned and finally got up from the couch and glanced over the clock. It was around 2:30 a.m. and because of his night shifts in the club, his sleep cycle was totally disturbed.

Taking slow and silent actions, he managed to leave the couch and went towards the window. To his surprise, the sky was so clear and full of stars. He really wanted to open the window but knowing about the other person in the room, he kept it locked and sat on the window sill.

He shortly glanced over the blanket-covered raven-haired and smiled.

He is so humble and what did I do to him?

The thought once again made him feel guilty. Dragging his knees closer to his chest, he buried his face in them, hugging himself like a small kid.

"Can't sleep?" A voice almost startled him and when he looked up, Jungkook was standing near the window, looking outside.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"No, I guess you can't sleep on the couch. You take the bed, I'll take the couch." Taehyung shook his head furiously.

"No, no... It's just our daily routine in the club, I'm not sleepy at all." He explained the reason.

Jungkook nodded his head and leaned over the wall near the window, now facing the brunet.

"I'm not sleepy as well." Taehyung slowly nodded his head and leaned back on the wall as well.

"If you don't mind, we can um- talk?" He hesitated very much, still feeling awkward because of his guilt.

"Sure," Jungkook replied shortly and looked outside of the window. The moon was getting up and now the light of the stars was fading in front of it.