"Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader?" Katara complained. "I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl." Azami giggled, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I've kissed a girl! You just haven't met her!" Sokka protested.

Katara smirked. "Who, Azami? I've met Azami."

Immediately, Azami and Sokka's faces both turned beet red, and they immediately moved away from each other. "NO!" Azami shrieked, while Sokka seemed unable to string together any coherent words.

Katara laughed at the two for a while, before Sokka finally seemed to get a hold of himself and cleared his throat loudly. "Look, my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot, and a leader has to trust his instincts."

Crossing her arms, Katara just rolled her eyes. "Okay, we'll try it your way, oh wise leader," she mocked.

"Who knows?" Aang asked, walking over to them. "Walking might be fun."

A little over five minutes later, and the gaang was already complaining. Honestly, Azami was surprised they'd lasted that long as it is. They really were spoiled by Appa.

"Walking stinks," Aang groaned. "How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?"

"I don't know, Aang," Katara muttered loudly. "Why don't you ask Sokka's instincts? They seem to know everything."

"Ha ha, very funny," Sokka snapped. Azami wasn't sure whether to groan or to laugh, but either way she expected this walking idea to last about another two minutes tops before Aang gave out on them.

Apparently, Aang had a lot more complaining left in him. "I'm tired of carrying this pack."

"You know who you should ask to carry it for a while?" Katara smirked. "Sokka's instincts!"

Aang's face seemed to light up, and Azami had to bite her tongue to keep herself from laughing at Sokka's unamused expression. "That's a great idea!" Aang exclaimed. "Hey, Sokka's instincts, would you mind-"

Sokka groaned. "Okay, okay, I get it! Look guys, I'm tired too, but the important thing is that we're safe from the Fire... Nation..."

Conveniently, Sokka had chosen that exact moment to pull at a bush and reveal a camp full of Fire Nation soldiers. "Well done, Sokka!" Azami smirked at him. "You were right, we are now completely safe from the Fire Nation."

Sokka glared at her, but he didn't have time for a comeback as the soldiers were already getting to their feet. "Run!" he yelled. The gaang got maybe 2 feet before the bush behind them was lit aflame, along with Sokka's shirt, which Aang was so kind to point out. Sokka swatted at it, nearly burning himself, before Azami rolled her eyes and quickly put her hand on his shirt, absorbing the flame. Fortunately, the soldiers didn't seem to catch her firebending.

Within seconds, the gaang was surrounded by the soldiers, their backs pressed against the burning bush behind them. While Azami could easily put it out in a few seconds, she had a nagging sensation to avoid using any more bending, so they all got into their fighting stances. 

"If you let us pass, we promise not to hurt you," Sokka yelled at them. Really, Azami thought. You actually think bluffing will get us out of this?

The soldiers just scoffed at him. "You, promise not to hurt us?" Before the soldier could say anything more, he suddenly slumped over, his body limp.

"Nice work, Sokka!" Aang cheered. "How'd you do that?"

Sokka seemed baffled by the sudden turn of events. "Uh... instincts?"