Regressing in Public

This chapter comes in two parts. Voluntarily regressing in front of other people and involuntarily regressing in public situations.

Voluntarily regressing in front of other people can be hard and my first tip is to make sure you are safe. Also, make sure that whoever you are regressing around is prepared and comfortable with you doing so. My second tip is that you prepare yourself for awkwardness. Don't get your hopes up with the first time going smoothly. Just make sure to ease yourself into the situation. Take your time and set boundaries.

It may help to regress before there is an audience and then have them show up the first few times. Otherwise, try to do fun things together. Drawing, coloring, playing with toys, or even just introducing stuffed animals to them. Try and interact with each other so you both (or everyone, idk how many people there are) can become more comfortable. Make sure they are comfortable too. This isn't just about your boundaries but theirs as well. Do crafts together, play 20 questions, make a fort, have a pillow fight, or play a game. If it is too awkward then watch shows to fill the silence.

Now, involuntary regression is a huge pain in the butt. Especially in public!!! Having subtle little gear with you at all times is the first tip. Having a little playlist is the second. However, this is very important, do your BEST not to panic. I understand that these situations are scary, but anxiety will only make it worse. Involuntary regression is mostly the worst because you can't always just carry your comfort items and gear. For example, a lot of people don't carry around a backup pair of clothes (though I recommend you do for emergencies at work/school as it has saved me a lot of trouble and embarrassment).

I recommend carrying small fidgets with you. Introduce them to yourself when you are regressed as much as you can so that in these situations it calms you down. Bonding with an item before things like this happen can make regressed you less anxious since there is at least one thing familiar nearby. You could also get super small stuffies and hook them to your bag. They look cute, can be super soft, and when you are regressed, they can be an easy and subtle way to feel safe and small. If there are people that know about your regression, and that you trust, let them know and they may be able to help.