It's Always On My Mind

Alberto x Chubby Luca

This was requested!

Luca's POV

'It's always on my mind.'

'And I was like, so proud of myself, 'cause I was like, this is working, everything I'm doing is working, and I'm making the right progress, and I was like, so proud of myself, and now I feel like a big failure..'

I sighed as I pinched the extra fat I gained on my stomach. Ever since I left last summer to go to school with Giulia I've gained some weight. It seems like I'm always eating and if I'm not eating, I'm definitely thinking about food.

'Alberto is going to think you're disgusting.' The voice in my head said as tears glossed over my eyes.

Today here in a few minutes me and Giulia will be heading to the train station to head back to Portorosso for the summer. Which means I'll be seeing Alberto in an hour or so. For the past two weeks I've been trying to lose weight. Being very strict with myself, but last night I failed my diet.

A tear escaped my cheek as I looked over at my bed to see all the empty bags of snacks and crumbs all over the bed sheets. I wiped the tear away before stuffing the trash underneath the bed and wiping the crumbs off the sheets onto the floor. Hoping Giulia's mom wouldn't deep clean our rooms when we leave.

"Luca? Are you ready? The train won't wait around forever!" Giulia said as she knocked on my bedroom door a few times.

"Uh, yeah! I'll be out in a second!" I said as I zipped my bag up.

"Okay! I'll be downstairs waiting!" She said as I heard her walk away. I looked into the body mirror that sat next to my closet door one last time examining myself. I grabbed my stomach band and quickly wrapped it around myself before pulling my shirt down.

"There. I look somewhat smaller. Hopefully no one will notice.." I whispered to myself before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs.

"There he is! Ciao mom! We'll see you in a few months." Giulia said as her and her mom shared a hug.

"Ciao Giulia and Luca. Be safe!" Her mom said as they parted from the hug.

"We will!" Giulia said as we walked out the front door. We waved to her mom one last time before turning the corner to the train station.

"So! You excited to see Alberto again?" Giulia asked as she wiggled her eyebrows. I chuckled.

Giulia obviously knows about my major feelings for Alberto that I gained last summer. Like a coward, I never told him before leaving for school. I don't think I'll be confessing anything to him this summer either. I'm too disgusting for him now. I've wrecked my body..

'I use to be so skinny..'

"Luca? Luca!" Giulia shouted making me jump a little.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"I asked if you were excited to see Alberto again and you zoned out." She said.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I am. A bit nervous as well.." I said.

'He's going to think you're a pig.'