Crazy In Love

Alberto x Mermaid Luca

Luca's POV

"I need you to go fetch some sea cucumbers for lunch." My mom said. I nod my head.

"Sure mom! Be back in a minute!" I said as I went to swim out.

"Wait! You almost forgot your spear. You never know what kind of predators you'll run into." She said as she handed me my spear.

"Thanks mom." I said as I took the spear before swimming out.

I swam to the usual place where I get them, but it seems there was none left. I sighed as I kept swimming around looking for some. Then finally I found a small area of them. I smiled as I swam over, setting my spear down before picking some.

"HEY!" I heard a voice shout making me flinch. I looked up to see three sea monsters about the same age as me.

'Oh no..' I thought.

Us mermaids and sea monsters don't get along very well for reasons that I don't even know. The rivalry started a long long time ago.

"You're on our territory ya know?" The front of the three said. I fiddled with my fingers nervously.

"S- Sorry! I didn't even realize. I- I'll go now.." I said as I grabbed my spear. I turned around only to meet the same sea monster who yelled at me.

"Why go so soon? The fun is just about to begin. We wanna show you why you mermaids should never cross over here." He said.

"P- Please.." I said. One of his friends knocked my spear out of my hand and as I looked over the sea monster in front of me took his chance to claw my tail. Making five fresh scratches.

"Ah!" I yelled out in pain as I placed my hand over to scratches. I saw the sea monster in front of me raise his hand up to strike me again. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the blow.

"HEY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I heard someone shout. I opened my eyes and looked over to see another sea monster. He has beautiful green eyes and purple skin.

'Wait, did I just call his eyes.. beautiful?' I thought, but quickly snapped out of it when the purple sea monster shoved the other who was hitting me.

"Go pick on someone in your own species!" The purple sea monster said. The other sea monster growled at him as he balled his hands up into fists.

"He's a mermaid! What did you expect to happen, Alberto?" The sea monster said.

'So his name is Alberto? Noted.'

Before Alberto could say anything I decided to bud in.

"I- I said I didn't mean to cross over! It won't happen again." I said. The sea monster swam up to me while glaring me down.

"Better not or next time it'll be worse. Come on guys! Let's get out of here." He said before swimming off with his friends. Me and Alberto looked at each other while sitting in awkward silence for a few seconds until I decided to speak to him.

"Uh, t- thank you.. for helping me." I said.

"Yeah, it's no problem! As you already know the names Alberto. Alberto Scorfano." He said as he held his hand out for me to shake.