Chapter 95 "Consequence"

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

Muffled yells were heard from the next room and the sound of the loud beeping from the machine beside the bed. The spider clenched his jaw from trying to open his eyes after the loud steps approaching his room and opening the door and closing it. The figure flopped on a chair beside the bed with a deep sigh, imagining the sound of the person ruffling their hair.

"Why do I feel like this is deja vu?"

The person mumbled as their finger seemed to have poked Peter's cheek. Peter slowly opened his eyes and saw a blonde-haired figure hovering over him.

Peter:Danny...?

"..."

After the vision became clear, Peter saw Johnny hovering over him with a face of disgust but still red, faint smoke leaving the top of his head. Peter instantly turned white from the sight of him that he turned his head to the other side.

Peter:Pull the plug...

Johnny:Are you THAT unhappy to not see me by your bedside? Be grateful that it wasn't your boyfriend or he would've made the room his punching bag
*he crossed his arms as he pouted*

Peter:Tell Danny that he was a great guy...pull the plug now

Johnny:Are you proposing a double suicide? Stop exaggerating...all I did was poke your cheek and mistake me for your boyfriend
*Peter glares over his shoulder from Johnny's calm tone. He lays on his back and looks over to the sound of the machine beeping beside him, glancing down to the bandaged arm with a needle inside arm*

Peter:Am...Am I going to get better?
*he asks, in a faint yet solemn tone, he looks up to the ceiling, then turns  over to Johnny for his response*

Johnny was quiet and rubbing his head, unsure of what to say. Peter turns away and simply said "forget it", Johnny then lightly pats the top of Peter's head.

Johnny:It looks bad I know...but you managed to stay alive today thanks to Bobby and Jessica. They'll heal in a few days anyway, right?

Giving him a small smile while patting the other's head, Peter gave him a short look before he slowly nods, then looks away. Looked up to the ceiling as the door of the room opened and a friendly voice entered. Until then, Peter glanced at the person.

"I see that you've woken up. How are you feeling?"
*her tone was cold as she had a clipboard in hand and wearing a white lap coat*

Peter:...hey Sue. Thanks for treating me...

Sue's blue eyes slightly widened from the other's raspy thanks, clearing her throat before softly smiling and approaching him, her heels clicking against the glossy floor. Peter caught sight of her blond hair tied back up into a bun with a few strands sticking out, his eyes drooping from the black under her red eyes.

Sue:You're welcome Peter. I and the others managed to rescue you before anything more serious happened
*her attention moving towards Johnny who was sitting beside her, both their frowned expressions looking identical to each other*

Johnny:I wonder how you even knew where we were
*his tone sounding rash as he glared at his sister*

Sue:I don't. We only know where you are